forum

[Archived] Should I buy tablet now

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XpORPID
So I know that there are tons of tablet threads right now but I am asking this beacuse I may be having some diffrences from other people who are thinking about buying a tablet. I'be been playing osu! for a month and a half now and I've been noticing some problems when it comes to playing with mouse so I wasn't sure if I would have the same problems when playing with tablet. This is my account https://osu.ppy.sh/u/xporpid, I can do most insane maps, but the problem that I am having with mouse is that it takes way too long to warmup and no its not cricle reading that takes too long to warmup, but its mouse aiming. It takes about 1 hour for me to understand the distance my cursor will travel depending on how far I moved my mouse so would I have the same problem with a tablet? Another thing is that I have to clean the surface under the mouse a lot so the mouse is more precise. So should I buy a tablet now or wait for some time?

Also what will be harder to do with tablet than with mouse and what will be easier (jumps, streams, spinners, etc.)
Venix
We can't tell you if you should, that's personally decision.
Topic Starter
XpORPID

Venix wrote:

We can't tell you if you should, that's personally decision.
I mean: Can a month and a half player handle tablet or will he have problems with it?
Disillusionz

XpORPID wrote:

I mean: Can a month and a half player handle tablet or will he have problems with it?

I'm not sure if you mean you think you haven't been playing long enough to use a tablet or you've been using a mouse too long to switch to tablet. Either way, the time is irrelevant.

For me everything is easier with a tablet, but I pretty much started with a tablet from nearly day one. I occasionally play with mouse just to see how it's like but... I can't comprehend how people enjoy playing this game with a mouse, but it's a personal decision. The only way you can tell if you will like tablet more is to get one and try it.
Nattsun
Please don't claim that you can most insane maps, not even pros can, only WWW :3

OT: You can feel free to buy a tablet, it makes literally everything easier and the earlier you start with tablet the faster you will catch up to your mouse skill. The locket are is a huge plus and helps with building muscle memory and there is something called "mouse drifting" which can't be fixed and is a pain in the ass on aim heavy maps.
Disillusionz

Nattsun wrote:

Please don't claim that you can most insane maps, not even pros can, only WWW :3

Lol i saw that and decided not to respond to it
Nattsun

SirOxorsid wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

Lol i saw that and decided not to respond to it
But it's true. A handful of players can play most 4* maps. I've stumbled upon 4* maps that don't even have 50 FCs, just a random Toy and WWW with an HDHR score and a Yaong with a HD SS lol...
Topic Starter
XpORPID

Nattsun wrote:

I mean insane as 3.75-5.25 stars and not extremes that are above 5.25 (Except one)
Disillusionz

XpORPID wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

I mean insane as 3.75-5.25 stars and not extremes that are above 5.25 (Except one)
We know what you meant, but barely passing with a C or even a B doesn't count. I can't even easily FC a lot of songs in the 4* range. FC meaning "Full Clear", aka completing a song without breaking your combo once. Try playing easier maps, your accuracy is wrecked because you're playing maps that are too hard for you.

Anyways, yeah, if you do plan on getting a tablet then the sooner you get it the sooner you'll be able to get used to it.
Ice Poseidon Cx
Okay, this is a big discussion main point is that with a tablet you will develop faster but till a certain point then it will be hard to improve. Whereas with a mouse it might be slow but you will be constantly improving. Or if you are bored of a mouse and want to try something different go for a tablet then, if you do not like it switch back to mouse not a problem. I would recommend to start with a fairly cheap tablet like H420 and after a year or a couple of months switch to a wacom tablet. :)
Nattsun

XpORPID wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

I can name you hundrets of 4* maps that you can't even pass :p
Anemic Witch
Mouse vs tablet is purely personal imo. There is no fundamental differences in how you play the game with mouse or tablet (in contrast with touchscreen).
Topic Starter
XpORPID

SirOxorsid wrote:

We know what you meant, but barely passing with a C or even a B doesn't count. I can't even easily FC a lot of songs in the 4* range. FC meaning "Full Clear", aka completing a song without breaking your combo once. Try playing easier maps, your accuracy is wrecked because you're playing maps that are too hard for you.
So I guess I should go play finished hards and download some more hard maps and try to learn to FC them before going to insanes...
amax
I'm not sure if this thread is even in the right place, but...
You can get just as good with mouse than you can with tablet. Buying a tablet is like buying a new bed sort of. You sleep in both but one is more comfy than the other. However, some people like the uncomfortable one for their own reasons. It's yor choice and no skill can determine which you should stick with.