forum

Mouse aiming problem thing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
extravagance
I have encountered a problem lately which is kinda small but it does get annoying.

Whenever i play a decent long map (4 - 5 min), after a while of playing, my mouse goes wayyy lower on my mouse pad than normal. so that means i have to contract my wrist in a unnatural way back to my self in order to go near the bottom of my screen.

Either that, or i have to lift my wrist or my whole arm to readjust, which in most cases...causes a miss or sometimes a entire fail

Note that i do play a palm grip and use more of wrist movement instead of arm movement

Any ways to combat this problem is highly appreciated.

Thank you <3
Sandy Hoey
What you are describing is mouse drift, and it is impossible to completely neutralize. One way you can fight it is raising your dpi (sensitivity). Also readjust back to your original position ever break. Some people also say that this helped (t/538626?hilit=mouse+drift), but I am skeptical. If you really cant get used to it, buy a tablet
dung eater
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/search?q=mouse+drift

it can get less noticeable with more play, changing how you play

either you play where the mouse drifts or lift mouse to reposition, it'll be good to learn to do both
Topic Starter
extravagance
Thanks guys/girls. i will look into this more and practice. maybe i can get used to it.

<3

Sandy Hoey wrote:

What you are describing is mouse drift, and it is impossible to completely neutralize. One way you can fight it is raising your dpi (sensitivity). Also readjust back to your original position ever break. Some people also say that this helped (t/538626?hilit=mouse+drift), but I am skeptical. If you really cant get used to it, buy a tablet
I actually switched from tablet to mouse in hoped of getting better (500k to 170k ;P) im not sure if i can get back into tablet
ManuelOsuPlayer

ibi wrote:

I have encountered a problem lately which is kinda small but it does get annoying.

Whenever i play a decent long map (4 - 5 min), after a while of playing, my mouse goes wayyy lower on my mouse pad than normal. so that means i have to contract my wrist in a unnatural way back to my self in order to go near the bottom of my screen.

Either that, or i have to lift my wrist or my whole arm to readjust, which in most cases...causes a miss or sometimes a entire fail

Note that i do play a palm grip and use more of wrist movement instead of arm movement

Any ways to combat this problem is highly appreciated.

Thank you <3
The best way to make the drift have less impact without change dpi/sensitivity it's use hand weight to move the mouse instead only wrist movements and do more circular movements and "keep" the aim speed isntead use rhythm aim. More sliding surface mousepad helps too. Clean it or change it for one better, clean mouse bottom too.
The idea it's reduce the sudden movements all what you can to reduce the drift impact.
Comfy Slippers
Get some space/bigger pad. Can't drift if there's too much room.

I'd also like to think that nervousness also makes a difference. Try playing easier songs with similar length.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Comfy Slippers wrote:

I'd also like to think that nervousness also makes a difference. Try playing easier songs with similar length.
Bigger pad don't help since your arm move a lot and you play on a really bad possition to aim where you can't almost move the arm.
Easier maps need slower movements, for sure you have less dirft. Isn't a mental thing.
N0thingSpecial
bigger pads doesn't help only apply to small amount of people.

Bigger pad allowed me to play with mouse drift, allow me to experiment with different dpi, provide a better surface to support my forearm compared to my table, in fact I want a custom made mouse pad that covers my entire desk.
Topic Starter
extravagance

Comfy Slippers wrote:

i will get a new mouse pad once i get a new room and such because right now i play on my laptop on the kitchen table with a small mouse pad, but i am planning on making a PC and getting more room. but right now ill just have to deal with it.

Thanks for the advice though <3
Nattsun

Comfy Slippers wrote:

A bigger pad doesn't make any difference, you just have more space for your mouse to drift :p

@ibi use your arm to aim and try to point your mouse always to the same direction. It negates the drifting by a lot, you can also try different grips.