forum

[Archived] So I created an External Program to track my Live Gameplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TortlePancake
So I created a program that tracks my input and gathers data for conclusion. Using the data from .osu beatmap files, I was able to draw an invisible object in the screen that acts as an overlay and gets disabled overtime depending on the Approach Rate of the beatmap. Simply put, my program sends me this data that osu doesn't provide me.
-User input
-MS delay from the last note
-Mouse movement
-Average KPS
-Average distance "on-click" last note from the center of the circle
-Average distance of 'distance between two successful notes'

I wanted to know if this is an illegal program because it scans beatmaps, 'invisibly interferes' with live gameplay and tracks movement.

I don't want to do the same mistake as I did here https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/338715
Sandy Hoey
I think as long as it does not play the game for you in any way, then it is fine. There was this other guy that asked if writing stuff down to look at during the map, like a music sheet, was against the rules. We told him it was fine because even if you know what is going to happen, there is still human error and that doesn't go away unless the program plays/clicks/aims for you

Besides, you dont really have time to look at that information during a play. It is just after the fact stats, like for sports
Topic Starter
TortlePancake
alright, what if the program adds a new interface ingame (still using external apps) that displays my current stats
Sandy Hoey
If it is just a window on the side that shows the stats, that is fine. As long as it doesnt map out the circles for you ahead of time, although on fast maps I think that would just be confusing