forum

Any map recommendations for becoming un-rusty?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Feylos
I kinda hadn't played regular osu for at least a couple months, and well I'm not sure where to begin.
I know I want to be playing 3.5 star maps, but I know that's just not going to work anytime soon unless I re-brush on some basics.
(Maybe getting a new tablet might help considering my current one is in horrible shape and the cord needs to be taped down or else it disconnects)
ANYWAY, I was curious if there are any map suggestions y'all could give me. I've got 2 maps with crazy jumps ready to practice, but other than jumps what else should I practice? Thanks in advance!
ManuelOsuPlayer

Theultraman191 wrote:

I kinda hadn't played regular osu for at least a couple months, and well I'm not sure where to begin.
I know I want to be playing 3.5 star maps, but I know that's just not going to work anytime soon unless I re-brush on some basics.
(Maybe getting a new tablet might help considering my current one is in horrible shape and the cord needs to be taped down or else it disconnects)
ANYWAY, I was curious if there are any map suggestions y'all could give me. I've got 2 maps with crazy jumps ready to practice, but other than jumps what else should I practice? Thanks in advance!
In your case i would play from 1* to 4* all the maps one by one to make good muslce memory and then just play what ever you want.
Topic Starter
Feylos
thaaaaat might take a while, but I can't deny it would be effective. After all that's how we all get better at osu
Sandy Hoey
Go back to those maps, see if you can consistently FC with 98%+ acc, then move on. Find the difficulty where you start to falter a little and focus there until you get it. Then move on. If it comes back fast, you may not have to spend too much time on easy maps and you can get back to competently playing what you want to
gamestonk
I would say start with pretty much what you were playing before, and go down in difficult as you need to, to get into a high acc range, whatever that means for you. Then build up from there as you get back into the swing of things.
Buster
you should play old maps from 2007-2011 there pretty cool :)
Topic Starter
Feylos

Lolinator2000 wrote:

"pretty cool"? what an understatement. the only good maps you mean? baka
Topic Starter
Feylos
Anyway, the suggestion of playing my easier maps to the maps I am comfortable with seems like it's working, thanks!

It's a shame I'll never be able to get rid of my tensing up when about to get an SS and then I mess up
gamestonk

Theultraman191 wrote:

Anyway, the suggestion of playing my easier maps to the maps I am comfortable with seems like it's working, thanks!

It's a shame I'll never be able to get rid of my tensing up when about to get an SS and then I mess up
That comes from experience..kind of. I have the same problem when I'm about to fc something. You just need to do more of whatever makes you nervous, until you're used to it.

If you get nervous and mess up SSing 3* songs, try SSing 2.5* songs, etc. Until you no longer get nervous at that level, then move back up.
Topic Starter
Feylos

asmit10 wrote:

That comes from experience..kind of. I have the same problem when I'm about to fc something. You just need to do more of whatever makes you nervous, until you're used to it.

If you get nervous and mess up SSing 3* songs, try SSing 2.5* songs, etc. Until you no longer get nervous at that level, then move back up.
On average, the best I can SS is 2*, maybe. Sounds like sound advice though, I might try it
ManuelOsuPlayer

Theultraman191 wrote:

asmit10 wrote:

On average, the best I can SS is 2*, maybe. Sounds like sound advice though, I might try it
I find it a really good advice too. Work on make harder what's confortable to you.
Buster

Theultraman191 wrote:

Lolinator2000 wrote:

"pretty cool"? what an understatement. the only good maps you mean? baka
lol butthurt