forum

[Archived] How to wipe local rankings?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CM2
Stuff got corrupted and data\r was completely wiped, I have no idea why. So now there are only local scores but without replays.

Thankfully I have some replays exported and now I'm planning to import all of them at once. But since the local scores w/o replays are still present, I can't import the .osr files permanently.

In what folder are the local scores placed or is there a way to completely wipe them other than uninstall?
Full Tablet
You don't need to wipe the local rankings to import the .osr files (if you open the replays, they are linked to the corresponding score in the local ranking database).

You can wipe your local rankings by deleting the scores.db file in the osu! folder.

(I'd rather have automatic backups of that file, IMO it is the most valuable file in the osu! folder, and ocasionally when the beatmap database gets corrupted, during the database rebuilding, the scores.db data gets wiped as well even though it didn't get corrupted and could just be replaced by a backup).
Topic Starter
CM2

Full Tablet wrote:

You don't need to wipe the local rankings to import the .osr files (if you open the replays, they are linked to the corresponding score in the local ranking database).
Yes you can import them, but they won't overwrite the local score. If you import them it will show the ranking screen and you can watch the replay, but then if you close it you'll still have the old local score without replay. My goal is to get the replays back into the game.

Full Tablet wrote:

You can wipe your local rankings by deleting the scores.db file in the osu! folder.
Tried it, local scores are still here even though they do not have a corresponding replay on the data folder. I mean i can just manually delete hundreds of scores or uninstall but I'd rather not.

edit: Nvm I was thinking about osu!.db tnx
Kao
Is this resolved or?
The local rankings are in here
Then delete osu!.db
davidminh0111
Easy
Right click on a beatmap
Then click "remove local scores"

Can you?
Kao
That would work only for one map at a time, but yes that works
Topic Starter
CM2

Kao wrote:

Is this resolved or?
Yep, RESOLVED. Deleted scores.db

davidminh0111 wrote:

Easy
Right click on a beatmap
Then click "remove local scores"

Can you?
Good idea, let me do that for hundreds of maps. Thanks XD

and

CM2 wrote:

I mean i can just manually delete hundreds of scores or uninstall but I'd rather not.