forum

[STD|SD/HD] SameSkinButHDWeirdName

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CheeseManFuu

Loads of people use the SameSkinButNoRingHitcirclesWeirdName Skin (and constantly use it as a template and/or steal things from it), and recently, I took it upon myself to revamp it with up-to-date HD textures as close to the original as I could, so, after 4-5 days of no-lifing, here it is! It was impressively quick, but still suffering. If I seem to be missing anything that isn't specifically mentioned on this post or in the +changes.txt, please tell me ASAP.

If anybody wishes to record and edit a skin preview video, feel free to hit me up when it's done so I can put it here!

All sprites are based on the skins found in Francesco149's repository of ShigeSkins

What's Included
From download, the skin is set up like Rafis' "Skin 2016" version of SameSkinButNoRingHitCirclesWeirdName. Alternates can be found in /alternates/. You can plug whatever skin.ini from skins that you want into the root.

Alternate versions for things based on the "SameSkinButNoRingHitCirclesWeirdName era" ShigeSkins, from shigetora+new to the most recent SameSkinButNoRingHitCirclesWeirdNamev3:
Hitcircles
Follow Points
Cursors
Hit Judge Numbers
skin.ini's
Sounds

Everything in this skin was revamped except:
Sounds
Hitcircle Lighting
Healthbar (since they're already HD)
Score Numbers, HP Bars, spinners, and hit judge numbers from shigetora+new to newShige1
ScoreV2 Icon. I'm sorry.
Alternate Slider Follow Circles from earlier skins
Cursors

A full list of changes can be found in a .txt document in the root of the skin folder.

Download
[Google Drive] Download Link (57.6MB)
[Google Drive] 日本語のダウンロード (JP ver. download)(57.6MB)
[Google Drive] PDFs (folder)

Final Notes & Credits
Despite being the creator of about 95% of this skin (visually), I do not claim any of the designs as mine, I simply did my best to recreate them from about scratch for restoration purposes.
All assets were made with Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Paint.NET (for scaling).

Francesco149 for keeping a repository of Shigetora's skins.
Aesthetic Skin by Redon, where the spinner comes from originally.
All the people whose creations got jumbled up during the creation of the original SameSkin ShigeSkins.

Screenshots (Imgur Album)

Edit 6 years later (2023/10/28): Hey folks, it's been a hot minute since I thought about this post. Puush died at some point a few years ago and I completely forgot about these downloads being there. I've updated them to Google Drive links and, since it's been so long, I've decided to also finally release the PDF folder. Feel free to poke and prod at my janky attempts to recreate the original skin.

Tags for people searching in the future's sake
SameSkinButNoRingHitCirclesWeirdName, Shigetora Skin, Cookiezi Skin, Shigetora, Cookiezi, SameSkinButNoRingHitCirclesWeirdName HD, Skin PDFs
O2MasterFX
use this format to directly display screenshots:
[img]image link here[/img]

EDIT: I see why you use links instead of directly showing them, a side-by-side comparison is better, or put full comparison in imgur or somewhere while put some preview here.
Fatal3ty
Wut? I have a very similar same skin with HD remake i made (and ones with orange ring), 1 years older than yours :D

But i can read original ingame better than my ones and your HD remake. I don't know. HD Remake Circle is very sharp/plan and ingame feeling is not same. (My own HD Remake circles looks better). :?
h3oCharles
Look at the result menu screenshot you did - you screwed up layering of the S'es
Topic Starter
CheeseManFuu

O2MasterFX wrote:

use this format to directly display screenshots:
[img]image link here[/img]

EDIT: I see why you use links instead of directly showing them, a side-by-side comparison is better, or put full comparison in imgur or somewhere while put some preview here.

Yeah, sorry about that. I made this post at probably 3 AM and for some reason my head thought doing puushes and direct links would work better than an imgur album. I'll definitely fix that later today.
Topic Starter
CheeseManFuu

Fatal3ty wrote:

Wut? I have a very similar same skin with HD remake i made (and ones with orange ring), 1 years older than yours :D

But i can read original ingame better than my ones and your HD remake. I don't know. HD Remake Circle is very sharp/plan and ingame feeling is not same. (My own HD Remake circles looks better). :?

Really? Huh. I tried looking before working on this and I couldn't find it, the only thing I could find was re:Shigetora, but after some looking and digging around after you mentioned it, I definitely found it. I do assure you that everything that is changed was created by me, though, if that's what you're alluding to. As for the reading, I'm honestly not sure, it could just be a person-by-person thing, as I found myself playing about the same (high bar). Good luck with your skins, though, they look pretty great!
Sadmice
Today i wanted to make a HD remake for this skin, but saw your post. Thank you :D
Topic Starter
CheeseManFuu

Sadmice wrote:

Today i wanted to make a HD remake for this skin, but saw your post. Thank you :D

It was a good thing you did, even though it took me less than a week, it was hell to do! No prob!
Narimaee
thanks for the amazing work!
zeplic
Cool idea. Will definitely add to my skin collection
LeDridrou
That’s my actual skin, I love it. Thanks for creating and sharing this weird name skin! <3