forum

[Archived] Osu keeps crashing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RedRemix121
Problem Details:
Osu keeps crashing on me whenever I try to open it up. I don't know if this was posted multiple times by me but it won't show me so I'm typing this one more time. In short, I open it, it says its up-to-date, then it says it crashes. Here is code when I pressed on crying peppy thingy. Help please I wanna play and is tired of typing this over and over again.

#=qKuF8AA7XClc_$z0n2tL1I9MaWs_ETEGP7fntj6GrEknDfLQi9fMT2roeynuvEVXs: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: Failed to initialize EGL, error NOT_INITIALIZED.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo..ctor(IntPtr handle, IntPtr display, IntPtr surface)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateWindowInfo(IAngleWindowInfoInternal window_info, Int32 major, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=q98YTt89A$ibFuwakaBbClx9PINkHXh8V33inOV87F3cghZ6zJqo9Nmo3gQrLrMu0.#=qthKnFKFmHdVt_tj3s0MXNw==(Int32 #=q719cYc3FNgJ5I4$0NRUtzw==, Int32 #=qMDuX2bppgtnRM$a_3tD03Q==, GraphicsContextFlags #=qsDywmqyFJnQGPj39wwmUfg==)
at #=qAX66ToTXu698m4EEzmX$jMHml3nsmaAwxT$DtcVi30dfNDW$YUeFoy4HkKJWmLEt.#=qmmRzBvp89ldKTX4Il9yZPpIneQnOvJ7fTj3hxmcOFCI=(GraphicsContextFlags #=qsDywmqyFJnQGPj39wwmUfg==)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at #=qAX66ToTXu698m4EEzmX$jMHml3nsmaAwxT$DtcVi30dfNDW$YUeFoy4HkKJWmLEt.#=qmmRzBvp89ldKTX4Il9yZPpIneQnOvJ7fTj3hxmcOFCI=(GraphicsContextFlags #=qsDywmqyFJnQGPj39wwmUfg==)
at #=qAX66ToTXu698m4EEzmX$jMHml3nsmaAwxT$DtcVi30dfNDW$YUeFoy4HkKJWmLEt.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qfVq8j8b8blGkWoAQvh9dnA==)
at #=qvhfaVycUJXa3IcOFltQngjzWWTXXXroEQEXhJIwe01udqwubgGsKoHfVN2ZBb0JO.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qfVq8j8b8blGkWoAQvh9dnA==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=qFqfHgtGeI29gwF3e7WJYO9i9jOvDlIBd2mZJdvokb7w=.WndProc(Message& #=q5OPbB2REc5gkHFlJ17fkIw==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160403.6
Lacrimosa
Make sure your graphic drivers are properly install and up-to-date. See https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/GL_Support_Issues

You could also try enabling Compatibility Mode. To do so, hold shift while launching osu! and don't let go until a recovery dialog pops up. From there, you should be able to enable option.
Topic Starter
RedRemix121
I've checked and I have updated my drivers but when I tried to do the shift thing while opening osu, it still updated itself, said that it was up-to-date, and then it crashed. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
Lacrimosa

RedRemix121 wrote:

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
Not really. There was a chance that this could have happened.

Go to your osu! folder and open the osu!.<yourpcname>.cfg file. In there, find the line called "CompatibilityConext" and set its value to 1. Change also the value of the "Fullscreen" line to 0, if it's not already.
Topic Starter
RedRemix121

Nikosbks wrote:

In there, find the line called "CompatibilityConext" and set its value to 1. Change also the value of the "Fullscreen" line to 0, if it's not already.
Okay, so I saw the value of the "Fullscreen" is already in 0 but what if there isn't a "CompatibilityContext" line? I've read over the entire list multiple times but I can't find it.
Lacrimosa

RedRemix121 wrote:

Okay, so I saw the value of the "Fullscreen" is already in 0 but what if there isn't a "CompatibilityContext" line? I've read over the entire list multiple times but I can't find it.
Woops, I didn't notice you were on fallback version already.

Alright, go to your osu! folder and run the repair osu!.exe. By the way, what is your OS? Are you on Windows XP, by any chance?
Topic Starter
RedRemix121
Yea I'm on Windows XP. Also sorry this might be a stupid but where is the repair osu!.exe? I don't mess around with the files that much and I can't seem to find it in the folder
Lacrimosa
It should be in the main osu! folder. In the same place the osu!.<yourpcname>.cfg is.
Topic Starter
RedRemix121

Nikosbks wrote:

It should be in the main osu! folder. In the same place the osu!.<yourpcname>.cfg is.
I can't find it - http://imgur.com/a/DNSxF
Kao
We won't be able to see photos like that, upload it to a website like http://imgur.com/upload

The config files looks like this
Topic Starter
RedRemix121
Okay never mind then, I figured out what happened and now it works :DD
Lacrimosa

RedRemix121 wrote:

Please let us know what fixed it, for future reference.
Topic Starter
RedRemix121

Nikosbks wrote:

RedRemix121 wrote:

Please let us know what fixed it, for future reference.
Okay, so in this case, the application was still on my desktop which gave me the impression that it just had trouble updating or something because it kept saying that it was updating each time I tried to open it. While I was messing around with the system, I found out that I could repair the app but when I was going to repair it, it said that it couldn't be done because the app had already been uninstalled. That was a bit confusing but I just went to my downloads and opened up osu!install and it just reinstalled and updated the app which got it to work.