forum

[Archived] Laptop keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Impassionate
Problem Details:
So, I was'nt having any problems with my tapping in osu! recently. But then after I restarted my laptop (didn't installed anything after restarting it), i started to have problems with my laptop's keyboard. I know it's not recommended to use your laptop's keyboard for streaming and tapping so hard that it may break your keyboard and alternatively use a mechanical keyboard for that. But this problem didn't happen recently, could it be lag? or is my keyboard now "spammed" (i don't know the right word to use so...). This happens to me now frequently that it's so annoying i can't hold my temper. Any of you have experienced these problems? if so please send help :)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170616.1 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
You never said what your problem actually is... Or am I blind
W4T3R
I think what is being said is that there is a problem with the keyboard and that its lagging when she uses it for osu!.
Is the keyboard lagging when your not playing osu?
I would make sure about update history and application download history during the date when you restarted the computer. Sometimes, computers will automatically install some stuff, especially windows.
Then, I would check my keyboard settings and make sure things are correct.
Then, I would just wipe osu and reinstall it.
Topic Starter
Impassionate

W4T3R wrote:

I think what is being said is that there is a problem with the keyboard and that its lagging when she uses it for osu!.
Is the keyboard lagging when your not playing osu?
I would make sure about update history and application download history during the date when you restarted the computer. Sometimes, computers will automatically install some stuff, especially windows.
Then, I would check my keyboard settings and make sure things are correct.
Then, I would just wipe osu and reinstall it.
The keyboard doesn't lag when I'm typing/doing something in my laptop when I'm using the keyboard, but for some reason it lags only in osu.
W4T3R
If it doesn't lag for normal use then maybe its a performance issue?
Osu! keeps updating and that might impact the performance that osu! may run on your computer. This will cause the keyboard to naturally lag, so you need to get a better computer if this is the case. After all, it is a laptop, so its less likely to perform well than a desktop.
My old computer had the same problem as you did whenever I played osu since it was so slow. I had to disable the video and the storyboard for it to run decently.
If all else fails, re-install :?
Lacrimosa
Reinstalling rarely helps.

Can you elaborate more to what the issue actually is? Maybe provide a video if possible?

Make sure you are not running any program in the background that could cause this "lag" when tapping.
Topic Starter
Impassionate

W4T3R wrote:

If it doesn't lag for normal use then maybe its a performance issue?
Osu! keeps updating and that might impact the performance that osu! may run on your computer. This will cause the keyboard to naturally lag, so you need to get a better computer if this is the case. After all, it is a laptop, so its less likely to perform well than a desktop.
My old computer had the same problem as you did whenever I played osu since it was so slow. I had to disable the video and the storyboard for it to run decently.
If all else fails, re-install :?
I'll try doing your advice! Thanks anyway :D
Topic Starter
Impassionate

Nikosbks wrote:

Reinstalling rarely helps.

Can you elaborate more to what the issue actually is? Maybe provide a video if possible?

Make sure you are not running any program in the background that could cause this "lag" when tapping.
I'll try providing a video, so you can see clearly what's the problem or something. I'll be doing what you said. Thanks! :D