forum

[Archived] Can't add more maps without it getting stuck in "processing"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RealLoki
Problem Details: I can't add more maps without it getting stuck (indefinitely) in the "checking for files" or "your beat maps are being processed" screen. Help please. :'(

It basically looks like this.

http://imgur.com/a/soSSf

osu! version: 20160403.6
Lyawi
Processing the maps is needed and can take some time. How long did you wait?
clayton
Have you tried multiple different maps? It's possible that there's an issue with a specific set being added.

If you've tried that already, your best bet may be to rebuild your songs database. To do so, just close osu!, delete "osu!.db" (you'll find this in the same folder as osu!.exe) and restart the game. Be warned that you'll have to re-process all of your maps, and as a result this could take a very long time, depending on how many maps you have downloaded.

I hope one of these works for you! :)
Topic Starter
RealLoki
Usually (if it's working), I'll see the maps being processed one by name (meaning I see the names).

In "this" case, I can't see any names pop up. A 'checking for files' sign pops up and that's it
Topic Starter
RealLoki
I feel like I have some limit to the number of maps I can add to my 'Songs' folder. I've tried to add more songs, which only worked when I found a duplicate file/skeleton file and deleted it from the folder.
I could add around 3-4 songs per duplicate etc. deleted and then I would (again) run into the "checking for files" screen.
Topic Starter
RealLoki
Deleting db file doesn't solve issue.
Venix
Try to keep your things in one post.
Topic Starter
RealLoki
ok :)
Update: It seems to stop at 1501 folders in the Songs folder. If I add one more it gets stuck.
If I delete a folder and then add one it works. Adding one more after that gets it stuck again.
Kao
You can go to settings and click on the Repair folder permissions option like so,

You can also manually set the permissions yourself but it's gonna take some steps
  1. Navigate through the root folder of osu! and open up the properties
    1. Select then Alt + Enter or
    2. Right click > Properties
  2. Go to Security tab and click on Advanced
  3. Go to Owner tab and click on "Edit..."
  4. Choose your account and click on "Replace owner on..."
  5. Click on OK and wait for it to apply.

After that
  1. Navigate through the root folder of osu! again and open up the properties
    1. Select then Alt + Enter or
    2. Right click > Properties
  2. Go to Security tab and click on Advanced
  3. Go to Permissions tab then "Change Permissions..."
  4. Click on "Add..." and enter your Username there
  5. Click on OK and select on Allow all (at the top)
  6. Click on OK and wait for it to apply.
Topic Starter
RealLoki
How would that work on mac? I've already tried to repair folder permissions. No response.
Kao
I'm curious to see if this is specific with Mac only or not, since I know some users have especially so much maps, and they're using Windows. In that case, help might be a little harder as there is no official support for Mac.
Topic Starter
RealLoki
There is one other person who's had the same issue, but I can't follow his solution response/it doesn't seem to exist for me.
In the Mac Issues thread, "triple agent" had mentioned something similar.
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/407003/start=105
^second last post

Also, the issue only seemed to start after I updated my os to Sierra.
Topic Starter
RealLoki
Update: So I tried reinstalling osu and re downloading every beat map (.osz) file to rule out the possibility of the issue being a corrupted folder.
Same thing happened.
To recreate:
Use a mac (OS Sierra)
Download Osu.dmg (Stable version)
Download 1500 .osz songs (Previously I would get stuck at >1501 files in the Songs folder, this time I got stuck at 1489 files) (I think the actual correlation is to the number of beat maps running in osu, the number is around 6654 for me right now, more than this gets stuck)
Import to osu.
Get's stuck on checking for files.
KokoNatsu
This thread was so old but I'm having the same issue. I'm on Windows.
THAT_otaku
Try everything listed in the post above. Also try restarting your computer.
If the issue still persists create a new thread in the help forum for your issue, this post is very old :)