forum

[Archived] Hits get registered in constant intervals

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Welel
Atleast this is what I think is happening. I'm having a ton of problems with might all be related.
Problems I'm having:
- Keyboard doesn't seem to register every hit
- Osu is stuck at 60 fps even when switching to unlimited fps and turning off V-sync from my GPU
- Hidden delay somewhere in my keyboard
- Hits on my keyboard get registered on a constant interval <-- This is the main problem I am having

My friend noticed I had a weird pattern on my score meter, later I found out it happens on maps with bpm of 180. I played a 120 bpm map but the pattern wasn't as obvious. I think something may cause my pc to wait before processing the signal but I don't have much tech knowledgde.

In-game screenshot

The maps played were all 180 bpm which is why the pattern gets created

My apoligies for the bad quality video, if it's not clear enough I can make a new one

https://youtu.be/Gg-T7aPTyMg

Currently running the latest version of osu
Keyboard: Alienware TactX™ KG900
Screen: flatron w2242pe (60 Hz only option

Thanks in advance
Kao
  1. Play with Unlimited frame limiter if you aren't
  2. Go to your GPU settings and make sure vsync isn't forced in osu!
What keyboard are you using?
Topic Starter
Welel
- I've tried playing with unlimited fps which didn't seem to help

- I also changed some settings of my GPU, mainly V-sync which didn't change anything either

I did however find the problem, the keyboard I'm using (Alienware TactX™ KG900) doesn't seem to be compatible with windows 10
I've only found drivers for up to windows 8, after lending a keyboard and using this instead I managed to get 0.4 ms delay and a normal input.

TL;DR
the Alienware TactX™ KG900 isn't compatible with windows 10 from my experience
Venix
Mby you've enabled sticky keys in windows? Try to go to Control Panel -> Ease of access center -> Make the keyboard easier to use and disable "Turn on sticky keys" if it's checked and close control panel.
Topic Starter
Welel
I just checked and they were disabled.

Tonight I'll be able to connect the keyboard to an older version of windows. I'll see if that gets rid of the delay.
ctrl

Welel wrote:

I just checked and they were disabled.

Tonight I'll be able to connect the keyboard to an older version of windows. I'll see if that gets rid of the delay.
can you see if this problem persists when you have storyboard disabled?
Topic Starter
Welel
I tried without storyboard and the issue persisted.

Tried using the keyboard on a pc with an older version of windows but I didn't have the time to install the proper drivers for it.

The problem is with that specific ketboard though. If there is someone who uses the same keyboard on windows 10 without any problems I would love to know but I guess this can be closed and archived.