forum

[resolved] Osu Running in Background

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
neo-kid
Hello, so recently Osu! has not been working out with me. It started with an error and ended with it being a program ran in the background. Ive been using McOsu! and havent been able to play Osu!. I tried redownloading the game and running the Windows Troubleshooter. Nothing has helped so far and its been getting me really fresturated as I've been dedicated to Osu! for a long time. If anyone knows how to fix this it'll be great!

screenshot showing the problem:

http://imgur.com/a/JPS8B

osu! version: 20170528.1 (latest)

Edit:
Problem Solved!

Nikosbks wrote:

Try rolling back/downgrading your Intel graphics driver version.

You could also try the following.

Keppy wrote:

Thanks for replying, I found something that solved part of the problem for me:
Going to the control panel and selecting osu.exe to open with Integrated Graphics (1) will let the game open even if you right click and select run with Graphic Processor> NVIDIA Processor (2).

This makes osu work with the Dedicated GPU, but every time I start osu I have to select open with the nvidia processor(2).
Lacrimosa
What kind of error? Can you elaborate? Also, if there's an error log, please paste its contents here.
Topic Starter
neo-kid
The error is
OpenGL ES Error
Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver.
I'm unable to paste logs from it since it does it for every osu file.
I try to click 'OK' but nothing seems to work as it's on a loading loop and won't allow me to to open.
This is the error when I first open repair osu! Or Osu.exe.
ps. I apologize for the bad quality. I recorded on my phone lmao
Lacrimosa
Try rolling back/downgrading your Intel graphics driver version.

You could also try the following.

Keppy wrote:

Thanks for replying, I found something that solved part of the problem for me:
Going to the control panel and selecting osu.exe to open with Integrated Graphics (1) will let the game open even if you right click and select run with Graphic Processor> NVIDIA Processor (2).

This makes osu work with the Dedicated GPU, but every time I start osu I have to select open with the nvidia processor(2).
Topic Starter
neo-kid
Rolling back the driver worked!!!
Thank you! :3