forum

Hey, just started playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kujar3
Hey, Kujar3 is my internet name.
I knew about Osu for quite some time already but never felt like trying it out despite my friend bugging me about it, I thought that "rhythm games are just not for me". Well I've been bored and downloaded Lanota one day (it's a mobile rhythm game and honestly, if you don't know about it, give it a shot, so good), now every time I launch it I sit on it for hours, I even got decent at it over the time, passing some of the harder songs with relative ease.
So I thought what the hell, let's give this one a shot as well, gives me a chance to use my tablet/touchpad thing a use as well, bought originaly to get into digital drawing and didn't touch it once.
And damn this is fun, will take some time to get used to the controll method, honestly feel like I'd do better with a mouse but every time I've seen some OSU video, it's been with a tablet so I assume it's the way to go.
That wraps my introduction I guess, I am usually a lurker on forums, rarely post anything so this is probably one of my very few posts, who knows :P

If you have any tips for me, go ahead, I'll read everything. o/
Sandy Hoey
I got into osu! the exact same way that you did. I had one friend that played. He kept bugging me to try it until I gave in xD. Then I got hooked and he quit when I got higher ranked than him FeeelsBadMan. But welcome to the forums! If you ever have questions, want to play, or just talk, don't be afraid to message me or anyone else. We are pretty friendly

Tip: use your keyboard to click and your mouse/tablet to aim. The default keybindings are z and x, but you can always change them in the settings if the position is not comfortable for your hand
DJ Enetro
In fact there are more than one gamemode, if osu!standard is not right do mania, taiko, or catch the beat

But welcome. Friend me if you want/ and pm me too I guess :D
[ Scarlet Red ]
While it is true that higher end players are all Tablet players, it does not mean that every good player is a mouse player. We've had some older players that were incredible (like FunOrange until he switched) with mouse! It just takes practice, maybe moreso than a tablet. However you will naturally be worse with a tablet until you build up the skill.

Anyway, hey there! Welcome to your new life xD. Please, feel free to add me and/or message me about questions you may have. Heck if you'd like we could always run multiplayer. I don't mind playing slow maps xD.

Have fun!
Topic Starter
Kujar3
Thanks for the welcomes :)

I am quite enjoying the game so far, still only fooling around. 3 and a half star maps are still too hard for me, can barely get a few seconds in, I get overwhealmed. Just looking at skins, clean look should help. Looking at some youtube videos helped me to get started and yes, helped me to realize you can do just fine with a mouse, I am just happy I found a use for my tablet so sticking with it.
Added those of you who told me I could, just not really seeing myself going multiplayer just yet, that's way too much pressure :o
I'll be looking into getting Osu supporter tag soon, hoping to create some maps way down the line once I am actually decent at the game, have some crappy songs of my own to try something on, that's talking way into the future tho.
Community seems welcoming, happy to be here, cheers.
[ Scarlet Red ]

Kujar3 wrote:

Thanks for the welcomes :)

I am quite enjoying the game so far, still only fooling around. 3 and a half star maps are still too hard for me, can barely get a few seconds in, I get overwhealmed. Just looking at skins, clean look should help. Looking at some youtube videos helped me to get started and yes, helped me to realize you can do just fine with a mouse, I am just happy I found a use for my tablet so sticking with it.
Added those of you who told me I could, just not really seeing myself going multiplayer just yet, that's way too much pressure :o
I'll be looking into getting Osu supporter tag soon, hoping to create some maps way down the line once I am actually decent at the game, have some crappy songs of my own to try something on, that's talking way into the future tho.
Community seems welcoming, happy to be here, cheers.
Take your time. Just have fun, you'll improve naturally. If you wanna make the push to improve faster, play songs just out of your skill range as well as mark maps as "goal maps" to beat. Check them off as you complete them. I still do that even now, it's quite rewarding.
vizzy
Welcome to the community!
Topic Starter
Kujar3

vizzy wrote:

Welcome to the community!
Thank you :)
gaming epic
Welcome! Please friend me if you ever want to play x). Also feel free to ask me questions if you have.
Meah
Irrashai! :D
I've gone little weeb lol.
Anyways, have fun :D
Hikona
Welcome to forums :D
-Flux
Welcome to the community (Whether you like it or not) !