forum

Mania note color changes based on timing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
SylvieK
Basically, I have spent a lot of time playing StepMania, and I recently have dabbled a bit in Osu!Mania 4k, though I have found that I have a hard time playing due to not being able to differentiate between notes as well as in SM. What I would like to see is the ability for notes to change colors when they are on different timings (E.G. Whole notes are Red, Half notes are Blue, Quarter notes are Yellow). I think it should probably be up to the noteskin creator to decide what colors are what, and to decide if they want to keep it in the old format of having different lanes being different colors. Personally I like having a bit of warning if a particularly hard section is about to come up just by the color of the notes. Sorry if I didn't explain my point well, I'm tired and I have finals in about 10 minutes, so I won't be able to fix anything until after that as well.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice the original post for this when I first looked, my b. https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/248510?hilit=mania+colors
Sandy Hoey
I feel like this would be a skinning thing. Not something determined by the mapper
Topic Starter
SylvieK
It would be partially determined by the mapper, but have the exact colors be decided by the skinner. The mapper would just choose which betas to put which notes on, and the skin would automatically use the different colors depending on what type of notes they are.
abraker