forum

[Archived] osu! wont't open

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
My Angel Chef
Problem Details:
Hello, so I just went to play and I was dropping frames like crazy so I tried turning on "compatibility mode". Now whenever I try to open the game, it says "Can't find the name of the Intel ICD OpenGL driver". I have tried redownloading the game but it still doesn't work, please help.

here are the details:

OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=q6PBJobpCg_KZWiWZ6aPzVSJGOWIduAC7oM7dMf$AXWiV6Ruc0G$7g6cRXZroozDN.#=qPdyeEbNbI_lT7JXIPJLitQ==(Int32 #=qYm8BVLYiZQXOmaj_prjDTw==, Int32 #=qY5BS4ms6QzX5We966Px20w==, GraphicsContextFlags #=q$WOriA8F248bgiaeo2f62Q==)
at #=qIFt3941yhQDSrkNMdYGY8tXj1qOqULPv8CrrlAaf3dfuQ16v1Tt9koeT0jxOw$Ky.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qsiXc4dE9TipGEiSDYm3s$A==)
at #=qpUdkNIMC5mwq5zFOy8O16tOYjKGwPu3M49AOPtMnMhdwTdqGDV5PsOsLCjMdNu8b.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qsiXc4dE9TipGEiSDYm3s$A==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=qDLHXuqOjoEU_Mdfj11ysx2dOY0aDbkoi3TzX6IhO9Aw=.WndProc(Message& #=qxHPJmnh3V_lnc_B3_bWLnQ==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170528.1 (latest)
Myst_Future
If anyone is having issues with opening osu! on Windows and you connect your monitor to a Nvidia graphics card, you need to update the Nvidia graphics driver to the latest version.

After updating the drivers, this issue should go away.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Go into your osu!.pcname.cfg file and change "CompatibilityContext" to 0, save and then launch the game.
Alysia_old_1
If what others suggested doesn't work check out this thread: t/519910/start=15