forum

[Archived] Try to stream osu! and crashes immediately even in preview!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OneShotFox
Hi

I've been setting up to stream osu! and even when i hit preview stream my osu crashes?!?!?
Does anyone know a fix to this?

osu! version: 20170528.1 (latest)
Kurai
Could you provide more information please: What is the software you are using to stream? OBS? what are your settings? do you have a good GPU? are you attempting to stream at a high resolution or at 60fps?

I think OBS causes issues if there is another software capturing, hooking, or overlaying a game in fullscreen mode. Do you have an overlay like teamspeak overlay running when you are attempting to stream?
A solution would be to change the layout of osu! to windowed/borderless mode. I can't promise it will work though.
Alysia_old_1
It really depends on what streaming software you are using. With my computer, I used to have to switch from OBS to Xsplit when I wanted stream osu!. I then ended up downgrading quite a few version to support osu!StreamCompanion and now it works fine. Another solution could be trying different capture form (display capture usually fixes the problem).
Topic Starter
OneShotFox

Kurai wrote:

Could you provide more information please: What is the software you are using to stream? OBS? what are your settings? do you have a good GPU? are you attempting to stream at a high resolution or at 60fps?

I think OBS causes issues if there is another software capturing, hooking, or overlaying a game in fullscreen mode. Do you have an overlay like teamspeak overlay running when you are attempting to stream?
A solution would be to change the layout of osu! to windowed/borderless mode. I can't promise it will work though.
I use obs and i stream at 720p 30fps and my gpu is a gforce 860m
Topic Starter
OneShotFox

Kurai wrote:

when i change it to borderless it still crashes osu!
Topic Starter
OneShotFox
I made it borderless and ran compillity mode and it worked but obs records osu in a black screen and i have 40fps with 30ms cursor input lag
Topic Starter
OneShotFox

OneShotFox wrote:

I made it borderless and ran compillity mode and it worked but obs records osu in a black screen and i have 40fps with 30ms cursor input lag
and now its not working again
Kao
Use Game Capture and then run osu! In windowed mode, then make obs run in high priority in the task manager.
Then make sure to turn off windows aero
And please don't double/triple post. Just edit your last post if you're gonna add new information
Topic Starter
OneShotFox

Kao wrote:

Use Game Capture and then run osu! In windowed mode, then make obs run in high priority in the task manager.
Then make sure to turn off windows aero
And please don't double/triple post. Just edit your last post if you're gonna add new information
Ok Sorry ;w;

How do I make it run in high priority in task manager?

Sorry
Kao
  1. Run obs
  2. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc
  3. Go to "Processes" then find obs32.exe/obs64.exe
  4. right click it, find priority and set it to high
Topic Starter
OneShotFox

Kao wrote:

1. Run obs
  2. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc
  3. Go to "Processes" then find obs32.exe/obs64.exe
  4. right click it, find priority and set it to high
It only says obs.exe not obs64.exe
Kao
That would be the one :3
Topic Starter
OneShotFox
I did what you said and now its just coming up with a black screen ;w;
Kao
Game Capture needs osu! To be in windowed mode, as I've said earlier.
If it's in fullscreen it's black.
Lacrimosa
You can capture osu! in fullscreen. The game will be shown as a black screen only when you alt tab out of osu!. What's happening with the preview is normal. Do a test stream to check it yourself.