forum

More specific 100/50/miss

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
pingal1ty
Most frustrating thing is when you are missing but you don't know why.

There's this bar on the bottom side of the screen, but, who can watch the bar while playing? I guess none.

The game already understand when you are late, early or simply the cursor is off the circle/slider.

I think it would be better for everyone to know why is he getting those 100/50/miss by a more direct interaction with the user from the client as a new skinnable feature, for example :

You click a bit earlier than it should be, then you'll get a 100 accompanied by the word "early"
You click way too late the circle but not enough for missing it, therefore you get a 50 accompanied by the word "late"
You miss the note because the cursor was away from the circle, you get a miss accompanied by the word "aim"
You miss the note because you were too early or too late, you get a miss accompanied by the words "too early" or "too late"

So basically the game does ALREADY distinguish when you are early, late or your aim was wrong and this info is not directly shared with the user when its vital to know why are you missing, are you having an accuracy problem? or is it the aim? Do I was too early or too late?

You can use the bar on the bottom side of the screen, or you can watch replay of yourself for everytime you play a map and use the halftime option but the first option has a visual conflict (should I focus on playing the map or watching the bar? I can't do both things!) and the second option is not time-effective and by just adding a new feature to skinning could just change everything.
Sandy Hoey
Because when you stream and it goes bad what you want to hear is "late late late late late late late late late late la lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala" instead of the music.

And If I misunderstood and you meant an image of the word, you still wont have time to actually read and adjust when you are looking at the next notes.

Plus Duplicate (and better thought out): t/167932
Topic Starter
pingal1ty

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Because when you stream and it goes bad what you want to hear is "late late late late late late late late late late la lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala" instead of the music.

And If I misunderstood and you meant an image of the word, you still wont have time to actually read and adjust when you are looking at the next notes.

Actually if you would have read its text, not a hearing sound. And yes, you have time to adjust if you know what you are doing wrong. For example if you are overstreaming you know you got to relax, if you are going to slow time to "turbo mode", and same with jumps, sometimes you don't know what's going on.
Sandy Hoey

pingal1ty wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Actually if you would have read its text, not a hearing sound. And yes, you have time to adjust if you know what you are doing wrong. For example if you are overstreaming you know you got to relax, if you are going to slow time to "turbo mode", and same with jumps, sometimes you don't know what's going on.
xD
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Sandy Hoey wrote:

feels like replacing the hitsounds on the skin folder XD
Outline
This would work better if instead of a green 100 you'd see a green + or -
_Meep_
The only way I can think of this working is this example:
Have the full 0ms hit(perfect hit) to be fully blue
Anything that falls before 0ms (-5,-10) will be red,the more red the earlier you hit it
Anything that falls after 0ms (t,10) will be yellow, the more yellow the later you hit it
playing with the intensity of the color gives better indication of how late or early you were when hitting the note

edit: im talking about hit lighting here
Sandy Hoey

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Did no one see the duplicate...
gaming epic
Yeah, it'd be good for people that want to know why they are getting a for example 100, since sometimes i don't know it either.
autoteleology
Why not just add a skinnng option for early and late 100s and 50's?
Sandy Hoey

Philosofikal wrote:

Why not just add a skinnng option for early and late 100s and 50's?

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Did no one see the duplicate...
God dammit people, please xD