forum

[Archived] BeatmapDirectory failed to load

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
troke
Problem Details:
i just make a two folder of osu, the first is fallback version and have a lot of beatmap, and then second folder is for stable version.
i just make a configuration on osu!Troke.cfg at "BeatmapDirectory = E:\suuu\Songs" because i dont have a much space for copy that beatmap to stable version

but this configuration is failed to load that directory, after change that beatmapdirectory and open osu stable version and got a blank message (i can't screenshot that blank message because is to quickly disappeared) after got blank message and F5 for refresh and still didn't load anything.
i opened that configuration file again and look that "BeatmapDirecoty = Songs" that file automated changed to default again. Why?
need help

osu! version: 20170528.1 (latest)
Venix
Try to put "E:\suuu\Songs" instead of E:\suuu\Songs
Topic Starter
troke

Venix wrote:

Try to put "E:\suuu\Songs" instead of E:\suuu\Songs
what do you mean?
Venix
I meant you should try to add quotes between E:\suuu\Songs
Topic Starter
troke

Venix wrote:

I meant you should try to add quotes between E:\suuu\Songs
why, configuration file don't need a quotes i think really it's not work, still don't load anything
Venix
In another way I don't think so you can move beatmap directory to another disc.
Deimos

Venix wrote:

In another way I don't think so you can move beatmap directory to another disc.
You can, worked for me in the past and still works without any problem
that's how it looks like in my cfg file

BeatmapDirectory = F:\osu!\Songs

also figured out that the BeatmapDirectory will be set back to default if it didn't find beatmaps in the custom directory
Alysia_old_1
If the other stuff doesn't work maybe try backing up your beatmaps and reinstalling osu! on the disk you want then transferring the files you need.