forum

[Archived] Can't connect to Update Servers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mufusion
Problem Details:
Hello,
I cant Acces the Update server, not in browser and also not with the osu installer.
I wanted to reinstall osu cause it couldnt update, when trying to download the osu installer here https://m1.ppy.sh/r/osu!install.exe i cant acces the site, chrome and firefox give me the error NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID on chrome or SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER on firefox, both reffering to some problems with the sites security certificate. A friend send me the installer, the installer cant download the game files, i think the installer also fails to connect to the Server. I tried to disable Antivirus and firewall (also firewall in router), i checked system time and date, i checked DNS and Ports in Router and i tried to use a VPN. Everything ended in the same results.

Edit: https://m2.ppy.sh/r/osu!install.exe doesnt work too

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
error in chrome (german) : http://prntscr.com/fdes86
error in osu installer : http://prntscr.com/fdf82j

I hope someone can help me solving this issue, i cant play until its solved obviously.
Lacrimosa
Try the possible solutions this site suggests.
Topic Starter
mufusion
I tried all the solutions from that link, the possible ones.
the first one isnt possible anymore since google removed that flag, the second is not possible because the button to ignore the warning isnt there (as you can see in screenshot) i already checked system time and cleared browser cache.

I also tried it on another computer in the same network with same OS, Browser and Virus software, it works all fine there.
Lacrimosa
Checked your Date and Time?
Topic Starter
mufusion
yes, as i said in original post and in my reply: i checked the system time and date

i also checked now:
if all browser are on newest version
if antivirus is on newest version
if net.framework is on newest version
if windows is on newest version

i tried downloading the installer with a web proxy https://hide.me/de/proxy that worked even tho my local VPN (okayfreedom) didnt worked, however that lets me download the installer but the installer still cant acces the server to download the game files
Lacrimosa

mufusion wrote:

yes, as i said in original post and in my reply: i checked the system time and date
Ah, my bad.

Did you try releasing and renewing your IPConfig? Also, I assume you have already flushed your DNS.
Topic Starter
mufusion
i honestly forgot about flushing DNS, i did it now (also renew ipconfig), no changes.
Lacrimosa
Eh, try disabling SSL.
Topic Starter
mufusion
you mean disable it in Chrome? That may work with getting the installer in chrome, i already managed that trough a proxy, but the installer still cant download the files, SSL wont change that.
Topic Starter
mufusion
Can i just copy the game files from another computer and put them in my osu folder? that way the installer doesnt need to download the files. That doesnt fix the issue of course, it just makes me able to play osu again.
Lacrimosa

mufusion wrote:

you mean disable it in Chrome? That may work with getting the installer in chrome, i already managed that trough a proxy, but the installer still cant download the files, SSL wont change that.
Yeah, in Chrome. Do that, and download the old installer.
Topic Starter
mufusion
when using the old installer it starts downloading but always fails at 18 % giving the same error as before
Lacrimosa
Is osu!.exe downloaded? If so, copy and paste it into a new folder and try running it.

Honestly, it really sounds like it has to do something with windows defender or any other security app which could prevent osu! from downloading.
Topic Starter
mufusion
I turned off windows firewall, avast and windows defender.
the osu exe downloads osu!.cfg and creates the localisation and logs folder, in localisation folder is the de.txt.new and update.log in logs
Topic Starter
mufusion
i downloaded and installed osu on another computer, copied the osu folder and pasted it in my computer, now i can run osu, tried to update ingame (it is on cutting edge, tried to update to stable) it gives the same error. I can play osu now but this is not a solution for the issue, its just ignoring it and working around it.
Lacrimosa
Mind posting the contents in the Update.log file?
Topic Starter
mufusion
The content in the log is to long to post here so i uploadet it on puush https://puu.sh/w4I4S/60c805a93d.log

edit: this error stands out:
System.Net.WebException: Die zugrunde liegende Verbindung wurde geschlossen: Für den geschützten SSL/TLS-Kanal konnte keine Vertrauensstellung hergestellt werden.. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Das Remotezertifikat ist laut Validierungsverfahren ungültig.

i try to translate it: "System.Net.WebException: The connection was closed: could not establish a secure connection to the SSL/TSL channel --->System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The Remote certificate turned out as invalid while validation process"
Lacrimosa
Did some research on this. The English version of this error is this:
System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed : Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
Turns out it has to do something with the SSL certificate of the site not being recognized as trusted by your operating system. To manually add it as a trusted certificate, there are several things you need to do which I actually didn't fully understand, so I can't really help you with that. You could look it up on Google, though, if you are experienced in these matters, and feel confident enough doing this by yourself. However, I would like to have someone experienced clear this out for us.

Edit: oops, added the original error.
Topic Starter
mufusion

Nikosbks wrote:

Did some research on this. The English version of this error is this:
.Net.WebException: The connection was closed: could not establish a secure connection to the SSL/TSL channel --->System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The Remote certificate turned out as invalid while validation process
Turns out it has to do something with the SSL certificate of the site not being recognized as trusted by your operating system. To manually add it as a trusted certificate, there are several things you need to do which I actually didn't fully understand, so I can't really help you with that. You could look it up on Google, though, if you are experienced in these matters, and feel confident enough doing this by yourself. However, I would like to have someone experienced clear this out for us.
is this the translation you found? cause its the exact translation i did myself xD
Topic Starter
mufusion
i added the certificate manualy, didnt seemed to work
im not 100 % sure that i did it right tho
show more