forum

[Archived] Osu not launching/can't stream osu on OBS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MAC MTZ
Problem Details:
In an attempt to stream osu! with OBS on twitch, my osu! kept crashing. As a result, i installed the latest version of .NET Framework (4.7) and turned on Compatibility mode to fix this problem. Now I can't launch osu! at all, instead, I get a "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL Driver." error.
Anyway I can launch osu! and stream it on twitch without crashing afterwards?
Thank you for your help!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Since I can't seem to screenshot the error log, I'm gonna post it here.

SPOILER
OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=qdfBECQ2YRIDYw3zi9H8Y_YkED9_v493ORdEuE7TJNJQTvopDWdC7jDIMEc4ZgXSt.#=qFulwIfJ3w2ESopyDaYmtbQ==(Int32 #=qxgt2YsTUqH$RHTJy9_5Vig==, Int32 #=qkcGD04hS_lLY$ugLByN4nw==, GraphicsContextFlags #=qDwLtaPYehl8vzRGZaudt7Q==)
at #=qo8iaI1UpzJngQJAqQd0pYVhwWJUmdCkKsJ0TKyVHQv2BWKsKgPKwLLRnA23z0Tn8.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qZaj0nEpmgnqhoFUazEq4pw==)
at #=qcLENA6582Hyj20YcCMFcvpCmgLvKe9iQDembEpHhRQjqppAyHWFBa9vmNYSvYAVz.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qZaj0nEpmgnqhoFUazEq4pw==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=qSklciDw2Lwm2Xf7IGyMFFxahCjvshsppHuTRVKYYkds=.WndProc(Message& #=qgTekk8rm$cyUopAMGtO6wQ==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

osu! version: 20170503.4 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
As for Streaming osu! without compatibility mode, I can't say. I've never had this issue.

But to get your game open again, please change "CompatibilityContext" to 0 in your osu!.pcname.cfg file. (If you didn't know already)
Topic Starter
MAC MTZ
Thank you so much, it's working!
Should I make a separate thread on not being able to stream osu? I haven't been able to find a solution to my problem looking through various forum posts and such.
Dntm8kmeeatu

MAC MTZ wrote:

Thank you so much, it's working!
Should I make a separate thread on not being able to stream osu? I haven't been able to find a solution to my problem looking through various forum posts and such.
I'm sure many people have posted the same issue before, So I don't really see a point. Seems OBS has an issue with OpenGL programs for some people (Makes sense why Compatibility mode fixes it). But you unfortunately have a 500 series Intel Graphics chipset, which gives you that OpenGL error.

I would just keep looking and possibly trying things.
Topic Starter
MAC MTZ
Do you know of any other streaming programs I could use specifically for osu?
And also, is there such thing as like thumbing up people or something like that? XD
Dntm8kmeeatu
I use OBS with no issues, so personally don't know many alternatives. You could try to use Xsplit, but I probably wouldn't recommend it.

If you have an Nvidia card, Nvidia Shadowplay supports streaming? doesn't it? (I have AMD so I don't know for sure, but I think it does)

And no, this isn't facebook ;p
Topic Starter
MAC MTZ
I do have a NVIDIA card. so i'll definitely look into that.
Once again, thank you so much for your help! (You get a thumbs up in my heart. :D)
Dntm8kmeeatu