forum

[Archived] osu! won't extract beatmap pack. Did I do something wrong?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mobian
Problem Details: So I downloaded a beatmap pack, followed the instructions on how to install it (extracted the .rar into my songs folder, and let the game do the rest), and nothing happened. I don't know where I went wrong. Was I supposed to drag and drop the .rar into the game window, or extract it to my songs folder, then refresh my beatmap list inside the game?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170503.4 (latest)
Full Tablet
The game only automatically unpacks .osz files that are in the Songs\ folder (not it's subfolders).
You have 2 options:
  1. Move the .osz files to the Songs\ folder, then press F5 in the song selection screen inside the client.
  2. Extract the .osz files yourself with 7-zip or Winrar inside the beatmap pack folders, making sure each beatmap set is inside it's own folder (for example, if the .osz file is called "1234 LiSA - My Soul, Your Beats!.osz", extract it to a folder called "1234 LiSA - My Soul, Your Beats!"). Then press F5 in the song selection screen.
Topic Starter
Mobian
Thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of that. It would seem to be the easiest way to fix my problem.
pacitrol
Thanks alot
I just needed to press f5