forum

[Archived] Osu is yet isn't installed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mulisk
So i had to re-download Osu! on to my new computer and install it. I couldn't seem to find Osu! when choosing which program to use for skins and songs, thought I should uninstall it, and realised that Osu! isn't even listed as a program thats installed on my computer, yet I can still play it. Should I try just reinstalling it?

osu! version: 20170503.4 (latest)
Lacrimosa
What's the file path your osu! is installed at? Make sure it's not installed in the Temp folder. Usually the default installation path is either C:\Program Files(x86)\ or C:\Users\yourpcname\AppData\Local\
Topic Starter
mulisk
There seem to be two similarly named Osu folders. One is in C:/users/(myuser)/AppData/Local while the other is in C:/users/(myuser)/AppData/Local/Temp

I can't even seem to find these without clicking them as I don't see and AppData folder in my user
Lacrimosa
Delete both of them and do a fresh install. Make sure to backup anything you don't want to lose, such as skins and beatmaps.
Also make sure this time to install osu! to one of the file paths I mentioned on my previous post.