posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Faputa
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 2017年8月16日 at 16:53:44

Artist: Wake Up, Girls!
Title: Koi? de Ai? de Boukun desu!
Source: Renai Boukun 恋愛暴君
Tags: renai boukun koi? de ai? de boukun desu! koi de ai de boukun desu wake up girls! wake up girls xfraczynho
BPM: 196
Filesize: 17512kb
Play Time: 01:26
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.39 stars, 109 notes)
  2. Extra (5.04 stars, 371 notes)
  3. Futsuu (2.46 stars, 260 notes)
  4. Hard (3.53 stars, 267 notes)
  5. Insane (4.52 stars, 337 notes)
  6. Muzu (3.63 stars, 517 notes)
  7. Normal (2.2 stars, 163 notes)
  8. Oni (4.06 stars, 587 notes)
  9. xfrac's Extra (5.85 stars, 367 notes)
Download: Wake Up, Girls! - Koi? de Ai? de Boukun desu!
Download: Wake Up, Girls! - Koi? de Ai? de Boukun desu! (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

!
Re-download the map for updated metadata if you downloaded before 29-6-2017.

For ranked
Difficulties Available:
Standard: Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane, Extra, xfrac's Extra
Taiko: Light Muzu, Muzu, Oni

Huge thanks to xfraczynho for GD!

And thanks to the modders who help me to improve mapping quality: :D
SPOILER
-> -NeBu-
-> Mini Gaunt
-> LimePixel
-> ARenaissance
-> Sidetail
-> gottagof4ast
-> leo16834
-> Milar001
-> - AzRaeL -
-> JarvisGaming YT
-NeBu-
Boukun:

00:00:918 (2,3) - unnecessary overlap, even the slider that is made to the left destroy the flow here
00:03:060 (1) - overlap it perfectly under burst
00:06:581 (5) - unoverlap it like the space between those two 00:06:581 (5,6) - or overlap this 00:07:193 (6) - like you did here 00:05:969 (4,5) - to keep pattern same
00:11:479 (6,1) - keep same distance as (5) (6)
00:14:387 (3,4) - blanket
00:19:897 (3,4,5,6) - close the gap between (4) and (5)
00:22:040 (10) - make middle of this slider go down
00:26:632 (1) - New combo
00:29:693 (1,2,3,4) - gap between (2) (3) like before
00:31:224 (7) - new combo since music change here
00:44:387 (10,11,12,13) - it's clearly seeable that it's hand made - convert slider in moment like this into burst (ctrl+shift+f)
01:11:020 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - or like here, use distance snap (second square from the bottom on the right of your screen) to keep distance between each note same

Still, not bad if it's really your first beatmap, so keep mapping!
Topic Starter
Faputa
Thanks for your reply!
I will mod it as you suggest. :D

-NeBu- wrote:

Boukun:

00:00:918 (2,3) - unnecessary overlap, even the slider that is made to the left destroy the flow here
00:03:060 (1) - overlap it perfectly under burst
00:06:581 (5) - unoverlap it like the space between those two 00:06:581 (5,6) - or overlap this 00:07:193 (6) - like you did here 00:05:969 (4,5) - to keep pattern same
00:11:479 (6,1) - keep same distance as (5) (6)
00:14:387 (3,4) - blanket
00:19:897 (3,4,5,6) - close the gap between (4) and (5)
00:22:040 (10) - make middle of this slider go down
00:26:632 (1) - New combo
00:29:693 (1,2,3,4) - gap between (2) (3) like before
00:31:224 (7) - new combo since music change here
00:44:387 (10,11,12,13) - it's clearly seeable that it's hand made - convert slider in moment like this into burst (ctrl+shift+f)
01:11:020 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - or like here, use distance snap (second square from the bottom on the right of your screen) to keep distance between each note same

Still, not bad if it's really your first beatmap, so keep mapping!
Mini Gaunt
From #modreqs

Being that you are a new mapper you should watch the videos on mapping made by pishifat, you can watch them all right here.

Easy
This diff is kinda messy
General
You should consider using distance snap for this map, it's meant for really new players and turning off grid snap is also a good idea with such a large grid. It's also worth noting that new players have a harder time reading overlapped notes.
OD of 0 is too low, for Easy difficulties up to 4 is fine, but because of the sliders and spinner, 2 or 3 is better.
Timing
Your bpm change at 1:23:904 should be at 1:23:877
00:00:612 (1,2) - As I was saying this distance between the end of the slider and the note makes this overlap look really poorly made and doesn't represent the music well.
00:01:989 (4) - In Easy difficulties the slider head and slider tail should not overlap as it says on the wiki. This is confusing to new players and looks too short.
00:12:856 (1,2,3) - I would space these notes out more using distance spacing, they overlap too much and might not be readable for new players.
00:24:040 (4,1) - Again fix distance spacing between these notes.
00:25:101 (1) - Overlapping slider heads and tails again.
00:25:714 (2,3) - Fix distance spacing.
00:28:775 (3,1) - Fix distance spacing.
00:31:224 (2,3) - Fix distance spacing.
00:35:509 (2,3) - Fix distance spacing.
00:30:282 (1,2) - Overlapping slider heads and tails.
00:34:242 (3) - Overlapping slider heads and tails.
00:38:877 (4,1) - Fix distance spacing.
00:39:795 (1,2) - Fix distance spacing.
00:47:142 (1,2) - Fix distance spacing.
00:51:275 (3,1) - Fix distance spacing.
00:53:724 (4,1) - Fix distance spacing.
00:54:795 (2) - This 1/2 beat slider is too short for new players to read and should be replaced by a longer one, made into a single circle, or deleted.
01:01:836 - This SV is really too high for new players, I would recommend 1.25 or less, but 1.5 is too high for an Easy difficulty.
01:15:205 (2,1) - Fix distance spacing.
01:18:979 (1,2,3,1) - Fix distance spacing.
01:18:979 (1,2) - These notes shouldn't overlap

Normal
The distance spacing here is really bad. As of now it is virtually unreadable because of the distance spacing issues. Also turning off grid snapping might be useful again.
I won't point out the distance spacing problems because AIMod does it well, (presse Ctrl+Shift+A and check the box that says check distance spacing) that and it sees 54 distance spacing problems.
General
Again check AIMod for the distance spacing issues.
Timing
00:13:775 (2) - The slider head is not snapped to a sound in the music and is confusing and should not be done.
00:38:571 (4,5,6) - This pattern is WAY too complicated for a normal map and is unreadable especially at this low approach rate.
01:05:986 (4) - This slider end is not snapped to a beat.
01:10:884 (4) - This slider end is also not snapped to a beat.

Hard
Extremely messy, I am only going to mod a little bit of this because you might be better off starting again on this difficulty.
General
A lot of your placed objects are not placed on a sound, you should try to only map objects where there is a sound that supports it. I will point out a few.
You really should turn of grid snapping or make it a lot smaller, it is destroying the map's readability.
Timing
00:05:050 (6,7) - This distance spacing is too short for what the previous object allows.
00:14:693 (6) - There is no musical reason to have such a short and fast kick slider here, there are no sounds in the music that go like that.
00:26:938 (10,1) - These sliders are messed up somehow I think you have too many slider points with a repeat. The slider is going past the repeat a little and then repeating. Also I tried deleting the end slider point and my osu! crashed, so there is that, you should just delete the sliders before they kill someone else's client.
I can't really give any other meaningful feedback on this map.

Overall, make sure you watch those videos so you can get a better grasp on mapping. Good luck!
Topic Starter
Faputa
Thank you for your kind and detailed modding suggestions!!
I'm a rather impatient novice mapper, ain't I?
Also, thank you for suggesting videos that I should watch. Appreciate it a lot! :? :oops:

Mini Gaunt wrote:

From #modreqs

Being that you are a new mapper you should watch the videos on mapping made by pishifat, you can watch them all right here.

Easy
This diff is kinda messy
General
You should consider using distance snap for this map, it's meant for really new players and turning off grid snap is also a good idea with such a large grid. It's also worth noting that new players have a harder time reading overlapped notes.
OD of 0 is too low, for Easy difficulties up to 4 is fine, but because of the sliders and spinner, 2 or 3 is better.
Timing
00:00:612 (1,2) - As I was saying this distance between the end of the slider and the note makes this overlap look really poorly made and doesn't represent the music well.
00:01:989 (4) - In Easy difficulties the slider head and slider tail should not overlap as it says on the wiki. This is confusing to new players and looks too short.
00:12:856 (1,2,3) - I would space these notes out more using distance spacing, they overlap too much and might not be readable for new players.
00:24:040 (4,1) - Again fix distance spacing between these notes.
00:25:101 (1) - Overlapping slider heads and tails again.
00:25:714 (2,3) - Fix distance spacing.
00:28:775 (3,1) - Fix distance spacing.
00:31:224 (2,3) - Fix distance spacing.
00:35:509 (2,3) - Fix distance spacing.
00:30:282 (1,2) - Overlapping slider heads and tails.
00:34:242 (3) - Overlapping slider heads and tails.
00:38:877 (4,1) - Fix distance spacing.
00:39:795 (1,2) - Fix distance spacing.
00:47:142 (1,2) - Fix distance spacing.
00:51:275 (3,1) - Fix distance spacing.
00:53:724 (4,1) - Fix distance spacing.
00:54:795 (2) - This 1/2 beat slider is too short for new players to read and should be replaced by a longer one, made into a single circle, or deleted.
01:01:836 - This SV is really too high for new players, I would recommend 1.25 or less, but 1.5 is too high for an Easy difficulty.
01:15:205 (2,1) - Fix distance spacing.
01:18:979 (1,2,3,1) - Fix distance spacing.
01:18:979 (1,2) - These notes shouldn't overlap

Normal
The distance spacing here is really bad. As of now it is virtually unreadable because of the distance spacing issues. Also turning off grid snapping might be useful again.
I won't point out the distance spacing problems because AIMod does it well, (presse Ctrl+Shift+A and check the box that says check distance spacing) that and it sees 54 distance spacing problems.
General
Again check AIMod for the distance spacing issues.
Timing
00:13:775 (2) - The slider head is not snapped to a sound in the music and is confusing and should not be done.
00:38:571 (4,5,6) - This pattern is WAY too complicated for a normal map and is unreadable especially at this low approach rate.
01:05:986 (4) - This slider end is not snapped to a beat.
01:10:884 (4) - This slider end is also not snapped to a beat.

Hard
Extremely messy, I am only going to mod a little bit of this because you might be better off starting again on this difficulty.
General
A lot of your placed objects are not placed on a sound, you should try to only map objects where there is a sound that supports it. I will point out a few.
You really should turn of grid snapping or make it a lot smaller, it is destroying the map's readability.
Timing
00:05:050 (6,7) - This distance spacing is too short for what the previous object allows.
00:14:693 (6) - There is no musical reason to have such a short and fast kick slider here, there are no sounds in the music that go like that.
00:26:938 (10,1) - These sliders are messed up somehow I think you have too many slider points with a repeat. The slider is going past the repeat a little and then repeating. Also I tried deleting the end slider point and my osu! crashed, so there is that, you should just delete the sliders before they kill someone else's client.
I can't really give any other meaningful feedback on this map.

Overall, make sure you watch those videos so you can get a better grasp on mapping. Good luck!
Aniviuh
- Easy -
I saw someone saying that easy was a sort of a mess and I can't help to agree with them. There are a lot of confusing things that are being done here that are either A) Doesn't makes sense, and B) can't be rankable.

For example, when using reverse arrows on easy, there can only be one reverse arrow on each slider, (it's a new rule) for beginner sakes for them not realizing another reverse arrow.)

Regarding everything else on the other difficulties.

Also spacing is needed to put into consideration, I see you have it on but grid snapping is also on with the biggest grid spacing selected. (Press ctrl+1) and explooooreee) or just turn grid snapping off but I recommend keeping t on for easies. Take your time with mapping, and really think about EVERY object you put down. "Does this slider need to be here? Does this slider need to be curved THAT much when the slider before hand is representing the same sound? Does the flow seem okay, rather then a bunch of objects are going in a path?" Things like that. Watch a person named pishifat on YT he gives a LOT of tutorials on how to map and the history of the game.

Sorry for not "actually modding" anything, but there would be a comment about a lot of everything and it'll mostly be the smae thing. What I suggest doing is just playing more, and when doing that start mapping very simple difficulties. Play a lot of easies, then map a easy difficulty. Learn everything about the editor and just keep practicing. Don't let this discourage you to not map. Keep going!
Topic Starter
Faputa
Thank you for M4Ming me!
Your suggestions are inspiring and it won't discourage me from making maps. Your words actually propel me to create more!
Appreciate it!

ViolentBoo wrote:

- Easy -
I saw someone saying that easy was a sort of a mess and I can't help to agree with them. There are a lot of confusing things that are being done here that are either A) Doesn't makes sense, and B) can't be rankable.

For example, when using reverse arrows on easy, there can only be one reverse arrow on each slider, (it's a new rule) for beginner sakes for them not realizing another reverse arrow.)

Regarding everything else on the other difficulties.

Also spacing is needed to put into consideration, I see you have it on but grid snapping is also on with the biggest grid spacing selected. (Press ctrl+1) and explooooreee) or just turn grid snapping off but I recommend keeping t on for easies. Take your time with mapping, and really think about EVERY object you put down. "Does this slider need to be here? Does this slider need to be curved THAT much when the slider before hand is representing the same sound? Does the flow seem okay, rather then a bunch of objects are going in a path?" Things like that. Watch a person named pishifat on YT he gives a LOT of tutorials on how to map and the history of the game.

Sorry for not "actually modding" anything, but there would be a comment about a lot of everything and it'll mostly be the smae thing. What I suggest doing is just playing more, and when doing that start mapping very simple difficulties. Play a lot of easies, then map a easy difficulty. Learn everything about the editor and just keep practicing. Don't let this discourage you to not map. Keep going!
Yudragen
Well, the only thing that i will critisize (cuz i know nothing about mapping) is the AR on 4 and 5 star diffs. Please, do not make AR8 on 5*. It's really bad and on 4* it's not good either. AR9 is the best one there is. That's all. Hope you will change it :)
LimePixel
[Easy]
In general, I think you should try remapping this diff because there are different issues that need to be addressed. Spacing elements based off distance between each other in the timeline is crucial, overlapping shouldn't be used so frequently in Easy diffs because it confuses new players, variable Slider Velocity in Easy diffs are advised against.

[Normal]
Example of something I was talking about above, 00:05:509 (1,2). These 2 objects are overlapping to indicate that the gap between them is small (1/4th of a beat in this case). But an extremely similar gap is used at 00:06:581 (3,4) even though the gap is one full beat. This goes for other elements in the map. Be consistent with what you choose to change so that players can learn to predict when to hit the notes.

Another thing to be noted, the area where you can place circles is most of the screen. However, you barely used up the corners and sides of the playing area as seen here:

01:02:448 (2) - Try limiting reverse sliders in Normal diffs to just one reverse arrow. Especially with this slider velocity in the Kiai section, it's very jarring.
01:18:979 (2,3) - Blankets in the whole diff can look better. Adjust them so they don't actually touch. Or barely touch
01:25:610 (1) - Move over on the white tick next to the blue tick. The sound appears later.

[Hard]
00:54:948 (2,3,4,5) - Uhm, why is there a way bigger gap between objects whereas most of the map is with small spacing? I suggest making most of the spacing a bit larger, and the Kiai and other fast paced sections even larger so there's a distinction.
01:06:734 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I suggest turning Stacking on:
So now you can see how this whole set of objects doesn't stack well and looks weird while playing.
Either turn down Stack Leniency or stack them better.

Same things go for Insane and Boukun.
Hope this helps.
Topic Starter
Faputa
Thanks for your detailed modding advice. It helps me a ton! ;)

LimePixel wrote:

[Easy]
In general, I think you should try remapping this diff because there are different issues that need to be addressed. Spacing elements based off distance between each other in the timeline is crucial, overlapping shouldn't be used so frequently in Easy diffs because it confuses new players, variable Slider Velocity in Easy diffs are advised against.

[Normal]
Example of something I was talking about above, 00:05:509 (1,2). These 2 objects are overlapping to indicate that the gap between them is small (1/4th of a beat in this case). But an extremely similar gap is used at 00:06:581 (3,4) even though the gap is one full beat. This goes for other elements in the map. Be consistent with what you choose to change so that players can learn to predict when to hit the notes.

Another thing to be noted, the area where you can place circles is most of the screen. However, you barely used up the corners and sides of the playing area as seen here:

01:02:448 (2) - Try limiting reverse sliders in Normal diffs to just one reverse arrow. Especially with this slider velocity in the Kiai section, it's very jarring.
01:18:979 (2,3) - Blankets in the whole diff can look better. Adjust them so they don't actually touch. Or barely touch
01:25:610 (1) - Move over on the white tick next to the blue tick. The sound appears later.

[Hard]
00:54:948 (2,3,4,5) - Uhm, why is there a way bigger gap between objects whereas most of the map is with small spacing? I suggest making most of the spacing a bit larger, and the Kiai and other fast paced sections even larger so there's a distinction.
01:06:734 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I suggest turning Stacking on:
So now you can see how this whole set of objects doesn't stack well and looks weird while playing.
Either turn down Stack Leniency or stack them better.

Same things go for Insane and Boukun.
Hope this helps.
Yudragen
Ok, you lowered the AR. Now it's unplayable. Good job. :D
Topic Starter
Faputa

ChaoticRed wrote:

Ok, you lowered the AR. Now it's unplayable. Good job. :D
Oh sorry. Didn't meant to do that. I'll fix that real fast.
Yudragen
I dunno if u should ever map in AR10, its like reserved for HR MOD. But as you like
Topic Starter
Faputa
Is it?? Then I should better lower it a little bit. I think the AR now is a good fit to the map itself. Ty again.

ChaoticRed wrote:

I dunno if u should ever map in AR10, its like reserved for HR MOD. But as you like
Yudragen

jack1817 wrote:

Is it?? Then I should better lower it a little bit. I think the AR now is a good fit to the map itself. Ty again.

ChaoticRed wrote:

Ok, the Boukun level is good but some parts feel offbeat (sorry i can't tell which exactly :D ). The insane should at least be AR8,5 but the best would be AR9.
Oh, and the song background is weird. Doesn't fit in the screen.
Topic Starter
Faputa
Ok, I'll work on that.

ChaoticRed wrote:

Ok, the Boukun level is good but some parts feel offbeat (sorry i can't tell which exactly :D ) I discovered the problems and fixed. It is way better now..
The insane should at least be AR8,5 but the best would be AR9.
Oh, and the song background is weird. Doesn't fit in the screen. Changed
Yudragen
Wooooh, played the boukun lvl a bit more. There is one part with depleted (?) 3 sliders that are really hard to hit correctly. I'd change it to reverse one or make them shorter and separated. The second thing are the jumps before the chorus. They are really weirdly placed and quite hard to hit correctly again. I think that the spiral stream in the beginning of the chorus is made badly. Make it a slider, a normal stream or just fix it. 2nd one is good. And the rest is quite well made. GJ
Topic Starter
Faputa
Thank you. But not until 12 hours later can I work on it cuz I have something to do. Please wait.

ChaoticRed wrote:

Wooooh, played the boukun lvl a bit more. There is one part with depleted (?) 3 sliders that are really hard to hit correctly. I'd change it to reverse one or make them shorter and separated. The second thing are the jumps before the chorus. They are really weirdly placed and quite hard to hit correctly again. I think that the spiral stream in the beginning of the chorus is made badly. Make it a slider, a normal stream or just fix it. 2nd one is good. And the rest is quite well made. GJ
All changed
Yudragen
Much better now. Though u haven't changed those 3 sliders in the middle of the song.
Topic Starter
Faputa

ChaoticRed wrote:

Much better now. Though u haven't changed those 3 sliders in the middle of the song.
Done.
show more