forum

Create a visible "offset line"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +158
Topic Starter
Minsoo

Basically what I mean by this is something like a red solid line that indicated where exactly the "0" offset is. When an offset is set, let's say '-10' for example, then there would be a red line slightly to the right (look at image above) to indicate the "0" offset and so that you can see how much shifting it by "x" amount has changed it.
_Meep_
its
in da middle
_Eevee
^
Endaris
Mhm. I like the idea in general, however in practice I would consider it distracting to have in the moment you found the offset that actually works for you. Because once I got it, i would prefer the normal view. Maybe this could get implemented only on plays where you changed the offset, so you could simply restart the map to get the default view back.
Topic Starter
Minsoo

_Meep_ wrote:

its
in da middle
What I mean is if you decide to give it a map an offset, there is a red line that indicates what it would be without the offset.
_Meep_

Minsoo wrote:

_Meep_ wrote:

its
in da middle
What I mean is if you decide to give it a map an offset, there is a red line that indicates what it would be without the offset.
When you give a map an offset,you're offsetting the timeline of the beatmap,bringing it backwards or forwards depending on what you change the offset value to. I think it's better to have an indicator at some part of your screen rather on that rather messy box of lines
Topic Starter
Minsoo
Yes, I know that is how offset works. What I want is for an obvious indicator on the bottom of the screen that stays put so that I have a relative understanding of how much the offset has improved my overall "window of 300's".

I don't see any other "realistic" wave of achieving what I'm asking for.
Seijiro
maps should have good timings anyway.

Not sure whether this would be useful so much considering the scarce number of maps that actually have a shifted offset (if you were referring to situations where the player changes it himself for whatever reason it might be useful tho.... although that is again distracting since whether the line is in the middle or slightly shifted it's always a line <.<")
Endaris

MrSergio wrote:

Not sure whether this would be useful so much considering the scarce number of maps that actually have a shifted offset (if you were referring to situations where the player changes it himself for whatever reason it might be useful tho.... although that is again distracting since whether the line is in the middle or slightly shifted it's always a line <.<")
Yes, that is what I already commented on.
And even nowadays maps get ranked where I have to put +10 offset, so that they should "have good timings anyway" is not a reason not to implement this.
Topic Starter
Minsoo

MrSergio wrote:

The reason I'm requesting it is because I've been having a hard time adjusting headsets due to the fact that I went from a wireless headset to a really high quality sennheiser. The audio lag/difference between the two headsets makes it really hard to adjust, considering I've been using the wireless for 3~ years now.

Additionally, this would really help me and I assume others when it comes to DT maps where you consistently hit later than normal.

Also I wanted a main "0" line as well as an offset line. Of course, this feature can be toggled in settings.
Sandy Hoey
Wired headsets should have less "lag" than wireless. You should just be able to set everything to 0 (local and global offset) unless the map itself is bad. As for finding the correct offset for a map, it isnt that hard once you get used to it. You can look at where the notes are getting hit on the bar in the bottom, and most of the time you shouldn't have to go past 5 or 10 offset in either direction
Topic Starter
Minsoo

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Wired headsets should have less "lag" than wireless. You should just be able to set everything to 0 (local and global offset) unless the map itself is bad. As for finding the correct offset for a map, it isnt that hard once you get used to it. You can look at where the notes are getting hit on the bar in the bottom, and most of the time you shouldn't have to go past 5 or 10 offset in either direction
Yes, I know that wired headsets have less audio lag. I've given two examples above as to why I would like this feature request and you've pointed out solutions that don't even tackle the problem.

Edit: I guess that means you haven't really given any solutions. Sorry.
Topic Starter
Minsoo
Am I allowed to bump things? Cause I really would like this feature :(.
Edgar_Figaro
I do like this idea but I'm surprised no one has mentioned the +/- ms average in your score screen. That's generally how I determine my own offset for a map. If I see I am averaging -8/+6 I know that I am hitting slightly early more often and I should adjust by 1m/s to try and get to as close as possible to an average of 0m/s between the 2 numbers.