forum

[resolved] Starting osu! crashes computer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lokidokidoki
when i press solo in the osu menu to play a song, my screen blacks out and it forces my computer to do an instant restart. this started happening randomly, as it was working fine prior to this. it has also said previously that "the local beatmap database seems corrupt." but i'm not sure if that's related or not.

pls help
Kakurezato
bad luck buddy
Jimbob23456
Maybe next time m8
Topic Starter
lokidokidoki
thanks for the help guys! really appreciated
Lacrimosa
Try enabling Compatibility Mode. Does the issue persist?
Dntm8kmeeatu
Don't know if these are your friends or something, but they better not post dumb shit like that ever again or they'll end up with a duct taped mouth.

Check Event Viewer for any error / crash logs.

Also would be worth to Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date and properly installed.

Did you happen to change release streams before this happened? (Stable to Fallback) or vise versa?

Also try moving osu!.db out of your game. (Put it on your desktop or backup folder) Once you launch the game this should re-compile the database.

If it still goes black, hold shift when launching osu! to access the config menu. There try the "Repair osu!" option.

If you still run into the error, try moving your songs folder out of osu! and put somewhere on your desktop, or backup folder. To see if it's some of your installed beatmaps causing the issue.
Topic Starter
lokidokidoki
the issue turned out to be related to the graphics drivers. thanks for the help guys! :)