forum

[resolved] The resolution is being mis-displayed on my laptop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DavidN2001
Problem Details:
I have always played Osu on fullscreen mode at the resolution of 800x600. Before today, every time I open Osu I see two big black column filling the left and right side of the screen, like shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf6xoNeoYTg or this screenshot: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8093328.
Now just today when I opened Osu again the black bars are gone. Completely gone, they are just not there. Instead, Osu fills the whole entire screen so now it looks horizontally wider and is more disproportionate compared to video above.

Unfortunately I'm not able to take a screenshot on Osu in game for some reason despite me trying to take screenshot and upload again and again so I am now clueless on what to do. A person have told me that this was part of an update. So please if anyone can help me at least understand why its like this, or what should I do, I would be really thankful. Because Osu is now becoming largely unplayable for me.

osu! version: 20160525.2
If anyone is interested, I'm currently on Stable (fallback) and yes, people have talked to me about letterboxing options. It's not there
Dntm8kmeeatu
Check your Graphics drivers for any "Fill to screen" or stretch options. Make sure they are disabled.
Topic Starter
DavidN2001

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Check your Graphics drivers for any "Fill to screen" or stretch options. Make sure they are disabled.

Hi, thanks for responding.

How do I find my graphic drivers setting in order to do what you suggested? I'm on Intel HD Graphics 3000 so I assume theres a control panel for that but im having trouble finding it.
Topic Starter
DavidN2001
Ok so I did not see any stretch options except for "maintain display scaling" which might be related to my problem. Somehow after I found that there are no other options, I decide to change my actual screen resolution outside of Osu and it worked. The black bars were back. Then I reverted back to native reso which is 1360x768.

I restarted the game to make sure that it really works. And it seems to be working again (I don't have to manually change reso outside of game everyday basically, which I have not done for a long time now). Although what you suggested as an answer was not there in the graphics settings, I did fix my problem through it. So thanks very much anyway.

I guess this thread can close now.
Dntm8kmeeatu
That option you found is probably what you want. (I don't have Intel graphics so not 100% sure)

But if it ever comes back, feel free to mess with that option..