forum

[Archived] great job osu, you did a good job............

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ne0ku
I just finished a second difficulty on a map ive been working on for a few days. I wanted to create another difficulty so I clicked on File -> Create a new difficulty -> Would you like to clear all objects and start fresh -> click yes. I then exit out of the map to make sure everythings ok and I see the difficulty I just spent ages mapping reduced to 0 stars. I click on it and see that everything was deleted and that no new difficulty was made, just everything deleted. I think the reason it deleted everything is that I never named the difficulty - however, when ive done that in the past its never deleted anything, just created a new difficulty without a name.

nice job osu

if anyone could help me sort it out , that would be extremely helpful. Even though i dont think there is a way to fix it.
Sandy Hoey
I dont know anything about mapping or the editor, but when I read this...

ne0ku wrote:

File -> Create a new difficulty -> Would you like to clear all objects and start fresh -> click yes
:thinking:
Topic Starter
ne0ku

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I dont know anything about mapping or the editor, but when I read this...

ne0ku wrote:

File -> Create a new difficulty -> Would you like to clear all objects and start fresh -> click yes
:thinking:
From someone who doesn't map, I see what you mean.

When you create a new difficulty, you have the choice to start fresh or keep the hitcircles and sliders etc from the previous difficulty you mapped. I chose yes because I wanted to create an easier difficulty so keeping the hitcircles and sliders there would be pointless...

Anyway, the reason I am complaining is because I clicked on Create a new difficulty, not delete all of your circles and sliders and start fresh? I did some research and its a bug where you don't name the difficulty anything. So I guess it's my fault, but osu! doesn't come with a list of bugs that you only learn about when they happen to you.... :(

Peppy sort your shit out >:(
Sandy Hoey
If its a know bug, then it is probably scheduled to be fixed with osu!lazer
ptar124

ne0ku wrote:

if anyone could help me sort it out , that would be extremely helpful. Even though i dont think there is a way to fix it.
Yeah, there's not really a way to fix this. It's just something we mappers constantly deal with, and yes, that usually happens when you clear all objects, start fresh, and didn't name the difficulty. It just seems to overwrite the old one for some reason. I feel you though, there's been a time where I was mapping and accidentally uploaded a bad map file (apparently osu! can't deal with unicode characters in mp3 file names) and lost pretty much everything. Be patient and map it again, it'll be fine.
Topic Starter
ne0ku

ptar124 wrote:

ne0ku wrote:

Yeah, there's not really a way to fix this. It's just something we mappers constantly deal with, and yes, that usually happens when you clear all objects, start fresh, and didn't name the difficulty. It just seems to overwrite the old one for some reason. I feel you though, there's been a time where I was mapping and accidentally uploaded a bad map file (apparently osu! can't deal with unicode characters in mp3 file names) and lost pretty much everything. Be patient and map it again, it'll be fine.
Ahh, makes sense now. I remapped it pretty quickly just because I remembered it decently. Thanks for your help :)