forum

[Archived] can't update osu to latest version!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
horyzen_old
I'm playing osu at stable fallback version, so I updated osu at settings to latest version, and after a while it told me to restart, so I restarted it and the osu updater just kept saying that there is a error to the internet connection, but my internet was totally fine. So I uninstalled osu and reinstalled it with the installer (I installed it with the old installer before) but it's still saying that there is a internet connection problem.
I tried disabling firewall, anti-virus, using vpn, flushing dns, restarting my modem...etc but still the problem didn't fix.

I'm using win XP, and my .Net framework version is 4.03 .
the log is https://puu.sh/vGlqi/1428fe8952.log here.

Any suggestions? I really want to play in the latest version!
MokuMoki
Was in the same boat with you, fixed it before I reply to you.
I got Windows 10 Creator Update.

Go into your osu! directory (Right click on osu! shortcut in desktop and click Open file location) and show hidden files and folders.
Next, open your osu! launcher and take a look at your osu! directory. There should be a new folder called _staging. Open the folder and notice that you have 14 or 15 files, most of them are zip files.
Create an empty folder in desktop and copy those downloaded files into the new folder from the _staging folder. The files that were downloaded should have file size more than 0 byte.
Take note on what file did the osu! launcher failed to download and post a reply about that. I will try to give you mine that your launcher couldn't download.

By the way, launch osu! in administrator mode, might help.
Topic Starter
horyzen_old

NicholasCWL wrote:

Was in the same boat with you, fixed it before I reply to you.
I got Windows 10 Creator Update.

Go into your osu! directory (Right click on osu! shortcut in desktop and click Open file location) and show hidden files and folders.
Next, open your osu! launcher and take a look at your osu! directory. There should be a new folder called _staging. Open the folder and notice that you have 14 or 15 files, most of them are zip files.
Create an empty folder in desktop and copy those downloaded files into the new folder from the _staging folder. The files that were downloaded should have file size more than 0 byte.
Take note on what file did the osu! launcher failed to download and post a reply about that. I will try to give you mine that your launcher couldn't download.

By the way, launch osu! in administrator mode, might help.
Thanks for your help! I only have osu!gameplay and osu!ui in my _staging folder. I think the osu! launcher failed download on almost every files. I looked at the log and it failed download on different files everytime when osu launcher tried to retry.
MokuMoki
I got these latest Stable files, try replacing it with your current osu! directory folder and launch osu!.
(If the problem got worse, please reinstall and I will copy my whole essential directory to you :? )
Topic Starter
horyzen_old

NicholasCWL wrote:

I got these latest Stable files, try replacing it with your current osu! directory folder and launch osu!.
(If the problem got worse, please reinstall and I will copy my whole essential directory to you :? )
Thanks, but it still gets the connection problem :(
MokuMoki
Did the logging file changes? Or the error state stays the same?
Topic Starter
horyzen_old

NicholasCWL wrote:

Did the logging file changes? Or the error state stays the same?
The error state stays the same.
MokuMoki
Okay... Maybe we should try changing the version to Cutting Edge...
Extract and paste these files into your osu! directory. Remember to change the parameter _ReleaseStream in osu!.cfg file to Cutting Edge