forum

Geometry Dash

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nootify
Geometry Dash is a music game developed by RobTop Games and was fiest made in 2013. There are 21 different official levels and you can choose from millions of online levels too. There are different gamemodes, and the main one is the cube, where you click to jump. There is also a very complicated Level Builder and editer. Its a steam game that costs 4 Euros and it has other versions available on the mobile. a l s o t h e c o m u n n i t y i s c r a p
Luqanted
isnt this game where most kids hang out? idk
PhilippineEevee
I also play Geometry Dash too! XDDDDDD
AyeAries
Oh, i thought it was just a music album or something.

:thinking:
Randomcat2000
Part of me feels like it’s kind of ironic that there is a geometry dash thread on the osu forum. I feel like some people are moving to osu! as a replacement to GD.
When you weigh the two games against each other, they each have pros and cons.

Geometry Dash | Osu!
—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�
Pros: | Pros:
Mobile | Friendly community
accessibility. | devs that ACTUALLY
Easy use online | LISTEN TO COMPLAINTS
features. | Has an official wiki
Easy to use map | All music is usable
creator. |
Cons: | Cons:
Semi-toxic | Have to download new levels.
community. | Hard to use level editor
Updates take too | Can have only 1 account.
long. |

Actually, for some things, when you really look at them, are pretty much the same. That’s my comparison of the two games, because they both share the same purpose.
Frank-
this game is cancer.

but lit af
HalfHours

DaFlop wrote:

Geometry Dash is a music game developed by RobTop Games and was fiest made in 2013. There are 21 different official levels and you can choose from millions of online levels too. There are different gamemodes, and the main one is the cube, where you click to jump. There is also a very complicated Level Builder and editer. Its a steam game that costs 4 Euros and it has other versions available on the mobile. a l s o t h e c o m u n n i t y i s c r a p
Fuck.
TennessineGD
YES, GEOMETRY DASH!
abraker
retry retry retry
yungspirit_old
3,99$ on steam eh....
I got 0$ on my paypal. welp.
SoupAPlayer
GD is cheaper than Osu! lmao. Spent like 40$ for my Pen Tablet, Lol. GD all I did was buy it straight out on my IPad.

Yeah, it's a decent game, but I don't like the community's taste in music imo. When there's a featured level with a song, you can expect that same song to be used like 8 more times in the next like 2-4 months, which is good if you like the song, but kinda annoying if you don't. GD imo is more of a reaction game than a music/rhythm game, most of it's new levels are not even times correctly anymore unlike with Osu! or other rhythm games, just filled with effects and appealing-to-the-eye level designs, which is cool, but I prefer gameplay more (hence why I am enjoying Osu! a lot more than GD, which I stopped playing it as my main game like 2 years ago) I've seen some people change background/menu music in GD, but I to this day have no idea how to change background images and such. (I need my waifus, please)

In my opinion, the music used isn't really fun or interesting to listen to other than a handful of songs, compared to the thousands of songs I like on Osu!. Used to be pretty good at GD and I think I still am.

You still have to download levels for both GD and Osu!, not just Osu!. Just that in GD, it downloads it automatically as soon as you tap the "view" button It would be a lie saying that you don't need to download levels in GD, especially if you were a mobile player like me.

I agree with the community there, though I wouldn't say semi-toxic, I'd say something like... Irritating/Annoying. I generally don't like the peeps there. The community praises the levels created so much more than the songs and such, overshadowing the music used a lot. (In a featured level, many people said how the touhou remix was from an ANIME and not from the 2hu games owhgoirwhgioertfoirehagopwazg)

Back in the day, Updates didn't take that long for GD, now however they do for some awkward reason idk why.

Easy to use online features.... Pretty sure that Osu! actually has a lot better/more functional online features than GD (multiplayer kappa and Osu!direct)
spicyrice42
I would love to see some songs popular in GD, but I don't want to bring the toxic community with it too. Just my opinion here.
Sultaex
I love GD, but most people here are right: The Community is not the best and it's not really a rhythm game, it's a game where you have to learn the levels or react very well. And I also dont really like the rewarding system, because it doesn't matter if you play a Extreme Demon (Very hard level) or a Easy one. You get the same "reward" (10 Stars, Wow). But I still like the game and it's fun to play it.

Still waiting for 2.2...
trung121173
Waiting 2.2 for the multi thing
VinZentVanDough

trung121173 wrote:

Never
trung121173

ChaosZeroDelta wrote:

trung121173 wrote:

Never

But in the positive way it will be :) , no one gain 30 millions $ in 3 years and leave it for nothing
Lanserano
Used to play gd, now I play osu.. what is my life
CatzerTM
I used to play,I Play it up to this day however I kinda got a little over bored with it The only reason I still play it is because I have friends on it that are willing keep me motivated to the game.
BowiePro

spicyrice42 wrote:

I would love to see some songs popular in GD, but I don't want to bring the toxic community with it too. Just my opinion here.

cough cough HIGHSCORE cough cough THE BIG BLACK (not on ng) COUGH COUGH
Khrono691
Geometry Dash can go EAT SHIT until 2.2
show more