forum

Press enter in editor to edit element in notepad-like window

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
ziin
When you press enter, the currently selected element(s) are brought up in notepad form in a custom form inside of osu. Once you press "OK", the map is updated. Hopefully this can be done without saving and reloading the map.

Implementing this for just the compose tab would be a little silly, so it would really be a help on the design tab for storyboards, where I use mostly notepad anyway, since the design tab doesn't allow you to input integers or even decimals (scale to exactly 0.8 for example).

I will often want to change a hitcircle by a few pixels, or a slider node by one pixel. Opening the osu file in notepad, finding the item, and editing it is slightly tedious. While I might be the only person to get a use out of the compose tab, I'm sure many others would be able to use it effectively in the design tab.
Sakura
Would help a lot with slider nazing modding, and storyboarding, i agree this is good, Support!
rust45
I agree with this in the design tab. Kinda iffy on this for the compose tab. It could turn into a new form of Nazi Modding.
Gonzvlo

Sakura Hana wrote:

Would help a lot with slider modding
Mostly when the slider is "bad" and the modder tries to give a suggestion. Also, I agree, It would be really helpful while storyboarding.

Support!
Ekaru
I fully support this, mainly for the Compose tab. I've been wanting a way to easily move hit circles and slider nodes by a pixel or two easily and efficiently for a couple of years now; my hand is very unsteady, making this task a giant pain for me. Currently I spend a lot of time trying to move a slider node or hit circle up by exactly, say, 1 or 2 pixels, and end up spending a lot of time for what ends as an imperfect job.

This would give much better results in a significantly quicker time period, so naturally i support this. :P