forum

[Archived] [Linux] Crash when pressing F2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xandaros
So, I just created a new wineprefix with .NET 4.5 to run osu stable.

Now, when I'm on the song selection screen and I press F2, there is a chance the game hangs.
It seems to be more common when using the key instead of the button on the bottom of the screen, but it happens with both.

The current osu! version is 20170503.4. I have tried it with all release streams, stable, beta and cutting-edge. Fallback in this wineprefix prevents the game from starting.

This has not been an issue in my old wineprefix, which only uses .NET 2.0 and the game is locked to the fallback release stream. I do not want to go back, however, since this version is much newer and also a lot less laggy.
(Menu FPS increased from ~12 to ~135. During play my FPS used to go below 20, as well, which does not to appear to happen any more, either.)

A friend of mine, RadonGaming has the exact same issue.

Any ideas what could be causing this and is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Edit: I should probably clarify. This does not happen every time I hit random. Only sometimes. If I spam F2, it can take up to 30 seconds for the crash to happen. Sometimes it's a lot shorter, though.