forum

[resolved] osu! Spring background information & links.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu
Note: Backgrounds will be disappearing soon, Once gone this thread will be put and locked into the [Resolved] section of the help forum. Images should still be accessible, just not used ingame.

Everything is better in UHD. 5k Resolution Versions of each (Except #1, it's 4k) background is now available. If you're not super tech savvy and don't know what this means. Let's just say it means it looks really REALLY good! You can find these variants under the "UHD 5k Versions" box at the bottom of this post. They are links because some of the images are up to 38mb each, and I do not want to embed them.

As you most likely have already noticed. osu! has some nice new backgrounds to celebrate the Spring Season and the winners and participants of the Spring Fanart Contest.

However, unlike previous holiday seasons, the custom background WILL NOT override your custom skins background. So if you have supporter and want to experience the special Spring set of backgrounds, you must remove the custom menu-background skin element from your skin folder.

This also works the other way around. If you do have supporter, and don't want to deal with these (for some reason) Just put an image titled menu-background in the skin you are using, or just drag & drop any image onto the osu! client while on the main menu, and it should do it for you.

If you don't have supporter however, you're stuck with them. Yet I fail to realize how that could be a bad thing, since each piece of art is fantastic.

Speaking of art, if you want the original images without the osu! menu or cookie in the way. You can find them at the Spring Fanart Contest. page.
Or, for your convenience, in the expandable box labeled "Original Images" at the bottom of this post.

Happy Spring, and enjoy these images while they last. (I know I will).

Original Images
Just click image and it will open up a full resolution version.

Sadly, the last two have a bit of a hole where the osu! main menu cookie would be.

UHD 5k Versions
First place - 4268x2400

Second place - 5464x3072

Third place - 5464x3072

Fourth place - 5464x3072

Fifth place - 5464x3072

Sixth place - 5464x3072

Seventh place - 5464x3072

Eight place - 5464x3072

Ninth place - 5464x3072

Tenth place - 5464x3072

Fun Fact #1, #6 has the highest file size of 38.5mb which is MASSIVE.

Fun Fact #2, If you downloaded all 10 images, it would total out to be around 180mb. Now that's quality!
Cyriod
Hope this spring will be the best one for everyone ! :) :oops:

I personnaly love the osu!community, the best that I ever seen >o<
nioqueen
nice <3 best pic i haave ever seen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
geoid
When will these backgrounds be going away?
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu

Jakekelley2 wrote:

When will these backgrounds be going away?
These will most likely last for a few weeks. Don't think there is a "set date" to remove them currently.
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu
Update:

This seems to be the last week the Wallpapers will be used ingame.

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Once gone this thread will be put and locked into the [Resolved] section of the help forum. Images should still be accessible.
Also,

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Everything is better in UHD. 5k Resolution Versions of each (Except #1, it's 4k) background is now available. If you're not super tech savvy and don't know what this means. Let's just say it means it looks really REALLY good! You can find these variants under the "UHD 5k Versions" box at the bottom of this post. They are links because some of the images are up to 38mb each, and I do not want to embed them.
RokkaAstrea
Will there be more art competitions like this?

Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu

RokkaAstrea wrote:

Will there be more art competitions like this?

We have been doing community art contests for a while. I'm sure we will continue.
fiin25
How to get the spring wallpaper for free my friend has the spring wallpaper but i dont have it i only have the original blue menu wallpaper i am just new at osu! So i dont know how
Lacrimosa

fiin25 wrote:

How to get the spring wallpaper for free my friend has the spring wallpaper but i dont have it i only have the original blue menu wallpaper i am just new at osu! So i dont know how
That's because you are in the Stable (Fallback) version of osu!. Spring background images are available in every version but fallback. You can switch to Stable (Latest), or any other build, through the options menu.
gaming epic
<3 Spring
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu
Things have updated and changed.

Give this a read t/606931&start=0