forum

More skinning related modifiers

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ijah_old
I've been skinning for a while and such now, but I've came across some things that have completely stopped me in my tracks of various skins I've attempted, this is mostly because of being unable to edit the Z-index of an element (Z-index defines if the object is behind/in front of another element), for example, I wanted to add a background to the score and accuracy, but because I was using the scorebar BG to do it, it blocked out the score & accuracy info because it uses a greater Z-index than it.
Perhaps something like "<png name>z-index: [number here]"

Also, skinning becomes a real problem because of different widescreen resolutions, I was thinking there could be something added that would allow you to optionally set the element to stretch to the window width via a setting in skin.ini such as:
"<png name>Stretch[vertical/horizontal/both]: 1[yes]/0[no]"

Another thing I'll just mention here is a possible option to align elements to different positions of the window such as:
<png name>Align: [1/2/3/etc]
1 top left, 2 top center, 3 top right and so on~

The latter may not even be possible though so I'm just throwing it out there for consideration.

I'd really like something to be done about the main 2 things stated as it would greatly expand the way skins could look and feel.