forum

[Archived] Definitely some input delay but i dont know why

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shoosh
Problem Details:
This occurred recently with my new PC in that I can definitely sense some sort of input delay/lag from my mouse to osu! The response time is perfectly okay until a map starts where my mouse feels sluggish to respond, my sensitivity feels lower and I can definitely sense input delay.
It sort of feels like my mouse is an inch to the left of where it feels like it should be in game.

I'm set at unlimited FPS, raw input is on, windows mouse acceleration is off. Computer is a good PC i7, GTX 970, mouse is a G402 with all the drivers installed.
I've reinstalled osu at least 3 times, reduced the number of beatmaps I have, tried using different skins, tried windowed and fullscreen mode.
I just cant seem to find whats causing this.

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)
nibs
Do you use Windows 10?

If you do, turn off Xbox Game DVR. Also, regardless of your OS version, uninstall GeForce Experience (bundled with newer NVIDIA drivers).

And make sure you have your mouse in a regular USB port and not a USB 3/3.1 (blue colour)
Topic Starter
Shoosh

nibs wrote:

Do you use Windows 10?

If you do, turn off Xbox Game DVR. Also, regardless of your OS version, uninstall GeForce Experience (bundled with newer NVIDIA drivers).

And make sure you have your mouse in a regular USB port and not a USB 3/3.1 (blue colour)
Thank you! It all seems a lot better after disabling DVR and using USB 2.0.
Reason for disabling GeForce Experience? I use it for shadowplay