forum

[resolved] Switching between versions.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pingal1ty
Hi ppl,

My osu client over 3 years of play is roughly 40gb of data.

I play on Stable fallback.

The problem is switching between versions does corrupt the database file.

I tried to create an osu folder on my desktop and put there the basic files from the game without songs skins replays and data. Then I just updated it to Stable.

Now I try to make a link of my Songs and Skins folders and it doesn't work.

Dunno if you get the idea, but basically I don't want to copy over 40gb of data and still be able to play different versions without having to deal with the database issues.

Any constructive idea on how to solve?

Btw main reason I play fallback instead of just Stable is because I don't like the sliders being cutted at the end, so if there's a way to make the sliders look like on the Fallback version I also preciate the info, thanks.
Dntm8kmeeatu
In your cfg file you can specify the songs path.

As for the sliders, that should only happen if you have a skin with a transparent sliderendcircle.
Topic Starter
pingal1ty

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

In your cfg file you can specify the songs path.

As for the sliders, that should only happen if you have a skin with a transparent sliderendcircle.

I didn't know about the cfg file. Will try and see if I can manage to make the trick working. Tho my osu main game is @ program files(x86) and the other version just on a folder inside my desktop. Dunno if it will be a problem?

The skin thingy, I use Yugen, and it looks with an ending circle like a normal slider on Fallback version but it looks like the end is cut at the Stable version. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your kind reply.

EDIT : Songs = C:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\Songs on the config file made the trick. Many thanks.
Pawsu
Honestly, Fallback is going to get more and more unstable as new things happen in Stable. wouldn't waste your time on it as it'll be removed soon probably.
Topic Starter
pingal1ty

Pawsu wrote:

Honestly, Fallback is going to get more and more unstable as new things happen in Stable. wouldn't waste your time on it as it'll be removed soon probably.
It works fine, been playing with that for ages.

Problem with Stable is the cut end of the slider.

It has a nice thing, you see clearly what's underneath the slider, as its a common thing slider into a singletap.

On the other hand I mess when its an slider that goes and return since sometimes I click the end of the slider instead of the beginning :/
Dntm8kmeeatu
Not sure what you mean about the slider, can you provide a screenshot or a better explanation to what you mean?
Topic Starter
pingal1ty

vs

Well, seeing it in picture its not the same feeling as you play, but the slider being cutted helps reading when one slider is on top of something else coming (another slider in this picture, but can be a singletap circle aswell)

And that's what I meant with sliders that go and return. Dunno why in Stable version I sometimes click on the arrow instead of the number, while in Fallback never had this issue. It looks a bit different on Fallback

Hope it clarified.
Dntm8kmeeatu
While on Stable, copy the regular sliderstartcircle and name it sliderendcircle.png, Save and then see if it looks the way you want.
Topic Starter
pingal1ty

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

While on Stable, copy the regular sliderstartcircle and name it sliderendcircle.png, Save and then see if it looks the way you want.

Thanks for the help.
Dntm8kmeeatu

pingal1ty wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Thanks for the help.
Going to assume I can mark Resolved then.