forum

[Archived] "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LappeenIbs
Problem Details:
"Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver" appears when I launch the game with Nvidia graphics card. The problem doesn't show up when I launch the with integrated graphics card, but the game doesn't run smooth when I'm using it. So is there any way to fix this problem?

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Try this

Keppy wrote:

Thanks for replying, I found something that solved part of the problem for me:
Going to the control panel and selecting osu.exe to open with Integrated Graphics (1) will let the game open even if you right click and select run with Graphic Processor> NVIDIA Processor (2).

This makes osu work with the Dedicated GPU, but every time I start osu I have to select open with the nvidia processor(2).
tunglam150798
Hi. I set osu to run with integrated graphics card in the Nvidia Control Panel but I didn't see the "Run with graphics processor" menu when I right click the shortcut. Is there another solution to this? Thanks a lot
http://imgur.com/a/FDsyD
Dntm8kmeeatu
I'm not sure. I only have Dedicated Graphics. May be different depending on what GPU / Driver versions you have.

Try Googling to see if there is a way. If you don't find anything (and if that fix also doesn't work with OP) please try Updating, or Downgrading your drivers to an older version. If that does nothing, please go into your osu!.pcname.cfg and change "CompatibilityContext" to 0 and "Fullscreen" to 0. If that doesn't work, try changing your resolution to something below native, and try again. If it still fails to work, I don't think there are any more current workarounds. And you're going to have to wait for a fix from Intel (Last time I checked they were "aware" of the issue) So be on the lookout for Driver Updates.
tunglam150798
Thanks for your reply. I was able to launch the game now but using the onboard graphics card (Intel Graphics 530). I wish there was a way for osu to use the more powerful external graphics card (GTX 960m) instead. I remember it was possible quite a long time ago but it just suddenly stopped working and I have to use the onboard graphics since then. Switching back to external graphics card will give me the "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver".
Anyway, thanks for your help