forum

[Archived] Can't play

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ShinoAmakusaSYD
Problem Details:
I can do anything, cuz it just shows: "Are you sure you want to exit osu!? I click Cancel (Cancelar) or press escape but shows it again in nothing! I've the latest update. Help!!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://ibb.co/jQ0QwQ

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)
Lacrimosa
Open the Device Manager and search for the section called "Keyboards". Under this tab, you should fine your keyboard's driver (HID Keyboard Device). Right click on it and choose uninstall. If there is more than one HID Keyboard Device, uninstall only one.

It could also be the USB autosusped feature, so if that doesn't work, try the following.

Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers

Right click on your USB Keyboard, go to Properties, then the Hardware tab.

Highlight USB Input Device (this is the part that doesn't show up under Device Manager) and click on Properties. Click on Change settings.

Go to the Power Management tab and uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'
Topic Starter
ShinoAmakusaSYD
I just did it but still the same, keeps showing that warning... If i click Play, goes back and displays: Are you sure....?
Lacrimosa
For how long has this been happening? Did you try restarting your PC?
Topic Starter
ShinoAmakusaSYD
Since yesterday. My procesor crashed and i bought a new one (the same AMD X4 965) I test it with all games I have and works fine... Well, when I opened OSU! The problem appears, so I do not know what it could be. I restarted my pc many times but still the same... and thought of re-install the game but i don't want to lose maps what is installed
Lacrimosa
Do not uninstall. Uninstalling rarely helps.

Anyway, what seems to have happened is that your Esc key is virtually stuck. Try pressing it a few times, hoping it will get unstuck.
Topic Starter
ShinoAmakusaSYD
IDK why but seems that one of my PC programs was interfering with the game, i can play now but, appears that I've never played, and my maps are no longer there....
Lacrimosa

ShinoAmakusaSYD wrote:

IDK why but seems that one of my PC programs was interfering with the game
Of course! I had completely forgotten about this.

ShinoAmakusaSYD wrote:

appears that I've never played, and my maps are no longer there....
Make sure you have selected the "No Grouping" tab

Also, see http://osu.enchanthq.com/article/98/som ... re-missing .
Topic Starter
ShinoAmakusaSYD
Thanks for the replys, but i can't recover 'em, at least now i have my rank and lvl back... I've to download the songs again but's no prob... Thanks!!!!