forum

Hello peeps of the forums ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
alish2001
HELLO guys! My name's alish2001 or Ali!
I registered my osu! account about a year ago as you can see but only started playing around 2.5 months ago.
I play with a tablet (Huion H420) and I alternate between ZX 24/7 no matter what which I find kind of cool :?

I feel like I've gotten really good and learned a lot in a matter of 2.5 months (compared to others????) I play 4 stars and 3 stars and have come close to clearing 5 stars so far.

My DREAM map to actually pass is Omoi - Snow Drive [Rabit's Jumping Style] (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/291154)
Other maps I would love to pass are Everything will Freeze [Time freeze] and -IMAGE- Material [Scorpiour]
Sorry for going on about random map dreams lol...

A lil bit about me:
I'm a 15 year-old boy living in Canada. I'm persian(iranian) but have the Canada flag since I signed up for my account in Canada. I like anime, LITERALLY EVERY GENRE OF MUSIC, technology, and programming!

I can speak, read, and write Farsi & English fluently and am currently trying to learn Japanese(Since I'm a weeb).

Some players I look up to are Rafis, Cookeizi, & rryuti for obvious reasons, but also Mahouxa (https://osu.ppy.sh/u/Mahouxa) since he's #1 in Iran and Iran is my home country ;)
Now that I think about it if my flag was Iran I would've been like #20... RIP

So yeah... enough blaberring.
This is my first post on the Forums, nice to meet you all I guess :lol: 8-)
Maybe I'll become the future Cookiezi, who knows 8D

Feel free to add me as a friend and also please tell me what you think about me and how am I doing for a 2.5 month player :roll:

P.S. I really like memes, all the memes, osu! memes are good too...
P.P.S. I'm also TRYING to beatmap. Suggestions on helpful resources would be appreciated(?)
Sandy Hoey
Welcome to the forums Ali! That was definitely one of the better intros, because it wasn't just "hi" xD

Good luck on your goals and hope we can be friends :)
Dntm8kmeeatu

alish2001 wrote:

I can speak, read, and write Farsi & English fluently and am currently trying to learn Japanese(Since I'm a weeb).
Nice to see some Honesty ;)

Welcome.
DJ Enetro

alish2001 wrote:

P.P.S. I'm also TRYING to beatmap. Suggestions on helpful resources would be appreciated(?)

Share the beatmap with me. I have a beatmap that I want modded too ;)
But welcome!
Right now I'm aiming to pass
Memme - Chinese Restaurant [Hyper]
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/645355&m=0
Softwarm

alish2001 wrote:

Resources you say?

pishifat is a cool QAT member who does tutorials/commentaries on mapping every week, and you can see most of them on his page. However, I recommend first watching this first, then his tutorials (and start with the editor video if you're having trouble even using the mapping editor interface), and finally watch his commentary videos if you're still lusting after more mapping content from the dude. The commentary videos are very much supplementary material, just saying.

Charles445 has a bunch of Timing tutorials (single BPM, multiple BPM, variable BPM, and an outdated tutorial that I'm not going to link) and a small one-time podcast about some really broad-stroke topics regarding mapping. "Right click on the page and save-as to be able to move around on the timeline."

-Mo- is kind of similar to pishifat in that he talks about a lot of different basic mapping stuffs, but he has a slightly different style that might help out. His tutorials on mapping can be found here.

Finally, if you want to get someone else to help you personally, I don't know where exactly the threads have gone but there's supposed to be a community mentor-ship program that basically gets a bunch of mentors and mentees together to help the mentees learn mapping. Keep on the lookout for a reddit post or something when they begin a new cycle (the program is supposed to accept mentors/mentees for a little while, close applications, then go through the program over the course of a couple months, all of which denotes one "cycle").

If you want some (probably bad) advice, message me sometime.

EDIT: Why the fuck is the community mentorship thingy so hard to find. Just why? Anyways, here you go: boop.
Asaiga

Simurgh wrote:

alish2001 wrote:

Resources you say?

pishifat is a cool QAT member who does tutorials/commentaries on mapping every week, and you can see most of them on his page. However, I recommend first watching this first, then his tutorials (and start with the editor video if you're having trouble even using the mapping editor interface), and finally watch his commentary videos if you're still lusting after more mapping content from the dude. The commentary videos are very much supplementary material, just saying.

Charles445 has a bunch of Timing tutorials (single BPM, multiple BPM, variable BPM, and an outdated tutorial that I'm not going to link) and a small one-time podcast about some really broad-stroke topics regarding mapping. "Right click on the page and save-as to be able to move around on the timeline."

-Mo- is kind of similar to pishifat in that he talks about a lot of different basic mapping stuffs, but he has a slightly different style that might help out. His tutorials on mapping can be found here.

Finally, if you want to get someone else to help you personally, I don't know where exactly the threads have gone but there's supposed to be a community mentor-ship program that basically gets a bunch of mentors and mentees together to help the mentees learn mapping. Keep on the lookout for a reddit post or something when they begin a new cycle (the program is supposed to accept mentors/mentees for a little while, close applications, then go through the program over the course of a couple months, all of which denotes one "cycle").

wow! A very enthusiastic welcome message. Bless you!

Also, welcome Ali
Topic Starter
alish2001

Simurgh wrote:

alish2001 wrote:

Resources you say?

WOW! Thank you so much for all of those! I'll be sure to check them out :)
I'll also be sure to message you for that "bad" advice ;)

DJ Enetro wrote:

alish2001 wrote:

Share the beatmap with me. I have a beatmap that I want modded too ;)
But welcome!
Right now I'm aiming to pass
Memme - Chinese Restaurant [Hyper]
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/645355&m=0

I haven't actually made a functioning beatmap yet but when I do sure!
Also: Eyy more map dreams! P.S. I just logged in and passed the map. Pretty difficult in its own right tho I got a pretty bad score XD
Meah