forum

[Archived] What happened to my volume?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TechTherapist
Problem Details:
When I first started playing the game, the volume would run perfectly fine, and it went that way for about a month, but within the past week, my game has been noticeably quieter (with nothing else running, let alone playing sound) and I can't figure out how to fix it. It feels like the volume in-game is at 20% when it says it's all the way up. I feel like I know what could have messed it up, such as closing the game while chatting with my friends on Discord or when the volume was still down. I've tried just playing the game with my PC volume turned up, but that makes other sounds incredibly loud and distracting. I don't know what to do! Please help!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)
Overturn
There is a chance that you accidentally turned down the music volume in-game, so your music is too quiet and when you turn your computer's volume up, the sound effects are too loud. Try using the arrow keys on the main menu, or moving the sliders in the audio section of the options menu. Hope this helps!
Lacrimosa
Make sure you haven't changed osu!'s volume in the Volume Mixer. To check that, right click on the speaker icon on your task bar and select Open Volume Mixer.
tapspeed64
I agree with this. I was having the same issue with my osu! where the volume used to be too loud on initial start. Now, for like maybe a month, as well, I noticed a decrease in volume by like 30% but I paid no mind to it. Could it just be an update made by peppy due to complaints made about its earrape volume? lol
meii18

tapspeed64 wrote:

I agree with this. I was having the same issue with my osu! where the volume used to be too loud on initial start. Now, for like maybe a month, as well, I noticed a decrease in volume by like 30% but I paid no mind to it. Could it just be an update made by peppy due to complaints made about its earrape volume? lol
maybe you touched the volume mixer and you dropped the volume accidentally also next time don't bump old threads
Alysia_old_1
Go to your options/settings and change the master volume.