forum

Senpai, pls. Guidance, pls.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yoppi
Hello all,

I'm Yoppi and I love rhythm games (although I'm somewhat on the casual side).

I started osu! less than a week ago and would love to know if anyone out there can give me song recommendations (weeb music, EDM, K-pop, metal?) and tips, maybe specific to mouse/keyboard controls since I'm absentmindedly mashing keys and flinging my mouse all over the place.

And maybe I can make some new friends too. :oops:

Although I recently had my butt kicked in multiplayer and am still recovering from that experience.
Meah
Hello, frist of all welcome to osu!
For starters, I recommend Haitai :D
Sandy Hoey
Welcome to the forums! If you like anime music and edm, this is the perfect game. I wish there was more kpop. Since you are new, play maps that are around 2-3 stars is perfect. And if you ever need a friend, don't be afraid to pm or msg people in game. We are pretty friendly. Best of luck
DJ Enetro
I'm the electronic spectrum, check out Highscore by Panda Eyes and Teminite
But welcome
I don't care if you had your butt kicked, what matters is spirit and kindness
Topic Starter
Yoppi

Meah wrote:

Hello, frist of all welcome to osu!
For starters, I recommend Haitai :D
Ayyy, thank you!

This would be the correct beatmap? https://osu.ppy.sh/s/459149
Topic Starter
Yoppi

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Welcome to the forums! If you like anime music and end, this is the perfect game. I wish there was more kpop. Since you are new, play maps that are around 2-3 stars is perfect. And if you ever need a friend, don't be afraid to pm or msg people in game. We are pretty friendly. Best of luck
Thank you!

Perhaps someday I can make maps for K-pop songs. ( ・ᵕ・ ) Someday.
Sandy Hoey
Maybe. I wish I got into mapping. Dont have the patience to learn though. It looks wuite complicated, also considering I have no music background to help me out.

Who is your favorite group(s)?

You should also reply to multiple people in one post to avoid clutter in threads. You can always go back and edit your posts
Topic Starter
Yoppi

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Maybe. I wish I got into mapping. Dont have the patience to learn though. It looks wuite complicated, also considering I have no music background to help me out.

Who is your favorite group(s)?

You should also reply to multiple people in one post to avoid clutter in threads. You can always go back and edit your posts
Whoops; noted. Thanks again.

I honestly haven't listened to recent K-pop releases; it was mostly around 2009 - 2012 that was a phase for me, and my favorite group was SNSD. Every once in a while I'll pick up on something.

If it means anything, I've been watching a couple of Korean streams lately and can't get this out of my head. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zihoyz0u_cs
Megumj
Hello Yopi003, i'm sure about it that you will make new friends with osu! And a little tip. Dont play everytime the same songs.. for example dont play all the time K-pop. But try then other music theme's too! :D