forum

[Archived] Osu framerate drop when captured by OBS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ELEMENTFONG
Problem Details:
I tried to stream Osu to twitch via OBS, but my framerate drop whenever the software captures Osu(and any other record software including XSplit, Shadow play etc...), I am not even recording or streaming just the preview on OBS, I have searched for a solution but mostly they are just telling me to get more RAM

My system specs are as follow:
CPU: i7 6800k
RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: Dual GTX1080 SLI

As shown below it is totally not the problem of my CPU or RAM of GPU, they are barely working with 30% of workload
Not playing on Fullscreen mode does imporve the framerate to about 450fps but the delay is so high to be considered unplayable

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)
TrueGaming
I would start by trying to clean up my pc for viruses and check if any unneeded programs are running and using ram I dont know much but I also stream and i had the first problem in the beginning and this worked for me
Chastise
I'm having the same exact problem too. My FPS drops to around 30 when previewing/recording/streaming in fullscreen, but it's totally fine when letterboxing or windowed. I'm running an i7 6700 CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM and GTX 950 2GB GPU. I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

Turning on Compatibility Mode resolves this issue for me, although this is still quite concerning as my game ran perfectly fine before.
Blaziken
Having the same issue so I found this thread via googling.
I have noticed that nvidia share now works with osu when it never did before (in fullscreen) and geforce experience streaming works while OBS isn't able to deal.
Maybe it's the nvidia overlay which is causing it/

EDIT LIKE 2 MINUTES LATER :

When I uninstall geforce experience, OBS doesn't drop to 30 while streaming the fullscreen application, thanks novidya :^)
stester198

Blaziken wrote:

I have noticed that nvidia share now works with osu when it never did before (in fullscreen) and geforce experience streaming works while OBS isn't able to deal.

When I uninstall geforce experience, OBS doesn't drop to 30 while streaming the fullscreen application, thanks novidya :^)
Is there a way to disable that overlay without deleting GeForce Experience?

Edit: Tried turning off the overlay, got even lower, down to 20 frames, I have a GTX 1070 and a i7 6700k, so that wouldn't be the problem. ://
Blaziken

stester198 wrote:

Blaziken wrote:

Is there a way to disable that overlay without deleting GeForce Experience?

Edit: Tried turning off the overlay, got even lower, down to 20 frames, I have a GTX 1070 and a i7 6700k, so that wouldn't be the problem. ://
I'm running an i7 7700 and GTX 1070 also which is why I was surprised that it was even an issue in the first place, I wouldn't know if there was a way to disable the overlay without uninstalling it.