forum

[Archived] osu! processes beatmaps and deletes local scores.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skrumpey
Every 2-3 days my osu decides to process all my beatmaps, delete all my local scores, delete all my collections and shows the maps as unplayed.
This started happening about 2 weeks ago and I still haven't found a way to fix this. (I already checked the forum if this has already been asked)
chainpullz
I'm getting this issue too and it's a bit depressing that a lot of replays that I never uploaded to youtube are just permanently lost now as a result.
o x
Is your osu! in a temporary folder? Also what osu! build are you using?
chainpullz
No its not in a temporary folder. I was on cutting edge before/after the loss of local scores. I switched to latest after making this post to try to stop the hemorrhaging of local scores.

Example:

It certainly wasn't the only local score lost from that night. I suspect something was added that deletes local scores when it is unable to find the beatmap the score belongs to? If so it would make sense that scores are going missing and maps are being removed from collections when the game is unable to detect them (sometimes I have to F5 and reprocess beatmaps to detect like half my song folder).
Topic Starter
Skrumpey
My osu isn't in a temporary folder either. (playing on latest)
VocaLeo730