forum

[Archived] Not getting PP

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xerow
Problem Details:

I have been played pretty much daily, trying to get pp. Everytime I finish a song, regardless if first in local or not I go down in rank. So after a while of having this problem I got on today and finally after a few tries I finished a 4.37 song with a 435 combo and 98.02% accuracy, and my pp didn't go up, and in fact I went down in rank by 60. I checked my profile and it says I got 89 pp, but i'm still at 2,299. Please note that this has been happening to me for a while, this isn't new. If i'm not understanding the system, please say that and explain how the heck to get pp because I seem to be missing the point here.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
(Excuse the bad cropping job.)

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
First of all, you are not going to get 89 pp from that play. If you look at the picture, below 89 pp, it says weighted 5% (4 pp), so you really only got 4 pp from that plays. And even then, you may not have gotten exactly 4 pp because all the plays under it lose value, so you probably only got 1 pp from that play. it is on your top plays though, so it did upload to the server. It probably just wasn't enough to balance out the natural rank decay of other players passing you.

To get better pp plays, you should get full combo, good acc (97%+) on mid 4 star maps. Then you will probably see some big, obvious jumps
Lacrimosa
Take a look at this article. It explains the weightage system.