forum

[Archived] How do I transition from mouse to tablet?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sweetened
Summary: I am left handed. I use mouse with right hand (as does everyone else) and have keyboard binding set to Z and X. I am planning on buying a tablet fairly soon just to see how I do, and the problem that is dawning on me is how exactly I will play.

So, do I attempt to play osu! with my right hand for the tablet and pen? Or do I go with left hand for tablet and try to teach myself how to use my right hand for buttons? (I have attempted the automatic cursor movement mod and set buttons to . and / to test right hand. I do not seem to be improving with that.)

Also a question: If I was to use tablet and pen with left hand and buttons with right, what should I bind my keys to? Any suggestion that isn't far-fetched is appreciated.
Sandy Hoey
This should be asked in G&R because it is about playstyle and isnt not a technical issue or bug

For your question, I would suggest that you make the transition to tapping with your right hand. It will take time to figure it out, but a lot less time than trying to learn how to use the pen with your right hand (basically learning how to write all over again). For your keybindings, place your keyboard where you are going to play with it and see where your hand feels most comfortable, then keybind to those keys