This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
636 posts
Offline
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, January 08, 2018 at 1:49:00 PM

Artist: Jun Ishikawa
Title: Toki Meguru Ginga Saikyou no Senshi
Source: 星のカービィ ロボボプラネット
Tags: kirby planet robobot nintendo hal laboratory galacta meta knight hoshi no kaabi puranetto
BPM: 170
Filesize: 4871kb
Play Time: 00:52
Difficulties Available:

Download: Jun Ishikawa - Toki Meguru Ginga Saikyou no Senshi
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Don't remember why I discontinued this set.

No harm in trying again. Lets try to find a BN
That was quick. Lets find another xdd
That was also quick. Thanks to everyone for helping me qualify my first personal set!

(redl if downloaded before 11/17 for metadata fix)

metadata: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01N531571 Disk 2, Track 38
Last edited by Bubblun on , edited 46 times in total.
User avatar
osu! Alumni
2,296 posts
Offline
Earned 2 kudosu.
IRC
00:44 Bubblun: Hi
00:45 ErunamoJAZZ: Hi
00:45 Bubblun: I saw you wanted mods.
00:45 Bubblun: Could we m4m?
00:45 ErunamoJAZZ: for what map?
00:45 *Bubblun is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1260329 Jun Ishikawa - Toki Meguru Ginga Saikyoo no Senshi]
00:49 ErunamoJAZZ: lol,the last diff xD
00:49 Bubblun: Yea it's crazy
00:50 Bubblun: So far only 1 guy has beaten it, and he's like 300 in the leaderboards.
00:50 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:15:658 (1,2,3) - triples like this are annoying
00:50 Bubblun: Yea cause they require more precision
00:51 ErunamoJAZZ: well... reading looks crtptic
00:51 Bubblun: I think it's just because it's fast.
00:52 Bubblun: Fast because of the fact it's an alt map
00:52 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:39:129 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - by example, its impossible know those 1/3 the first time
00:53 Bubblun: Not much I could really do besides not map it.
00:53 Bubblun: But that's boring, so I just applied nc on them all so the player knows to contrast
00:53 ErunamoJAZZ: a different color (not green) will be more obvious, I think
00:54 Bubblun: Yea you're right.
00:54 Bubblun: idk what other color to use though.
00:54 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:41:158 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - those jumps, well... most of players die here?
00:54 ErunamoJAZZ: xD
00:54 Bubblun: So far only 2 people have test played it.
00:55 Bubblun: One was about 1K in rank
00:55 Bubblun: The other was 300
00:55 Bubblun: Only the 300 passed that part.
00:55 Bubblun: The other can't even get far enough to see that part.
00:55 Bubblun: So... I can't tell
00:55 ErunamoJAZZ: for try harder players will be okay
00:55 Bubblun: lol
00:55 ErunamoJAZZ: not sure if for rank tbh xDD
00:55 Bubblun: I mean it's technically extra, so it's not meant for non-try hard players lol
00:56 Bubblun: Ranking shouldn't be an issue, as even crazier maps have gotten ranked in the past.
00:56 ErunamoJAZZ: its difficunt to know if something is fine if fo myself I cant play a map xD
00:56 Bubblun: I can't play it either.
00:57 Bubblun: That doesn't mean I can't understand lol
00:57 ErunamoJAZZ: its true, mapping is about creativity
00:57 Bubblun: I like creativity, but I want quality as well.
00:58 Bubblun: You're not the first person to mention it's too hard to judge
00:58 ErunamoJAZZ: but modding is about more matters
00:58 Bubblun: So what I'd like to do is get the rankability stuff out of the way
00:58 ErunamoJAZZ: like playability, rankability, and yeah, quality :P
00:59 Bubblun: Well not every mapper cares about creativity.
00:59 ErunamoJAZZ: and for last times, Lovebility (?
00:59 ErunamoJAZZ: xD
00:59 Bubblun: Lovability lol
00:59 Bubblun: For the messy, unstructured maps that play good
00:59 Bubblun: And some technical ones here and there
00:59 Bubblun: tbh loved would be good too. I just want a scoreboard on this
01:01 Bubblun: But yea if you could help me out that'd be great. I'd like to get rankability issues out of the way now so I don't have to wait for a bn to tell me lol
01:02 ErunamoJAZZ: to judge this, its necessary play the maps xD
01:02 Bubblun: Hmm, you're not wrong.
01:02 ErunamoJAZZ: but its 1am here, I cant play xD
01:02 Bubblun: But to rank it you simply need to understand how it works. (Or doesn't)
01:03 ErunamoJAZZ: nahh man, any map need to be played
01:03 Bubblun: lol
01:03 ErunamoJAZZ: all will look fine in editor
01:03 Bubblun: Well if that's the case what powerful bn ranked Promethean Kings xDD
01:03 ErunamoJAZZ: true
01:04 ErunamoJAZZ: they asked someone to play this
01:04 ErunamoJAZZ: with NF (?
01:04 Bubblun: lol
01:04 ErunamoJAZZ: xD
01:04 Bubblun: nf = easy pass
01:04 Bubblun: also = 100% playability
01:05 ErunamoJAZZ: maps are like food
01:05 ErunamoJAZZ: must ate to know if its good
01:05 Bubblun: Cause simply smelling and looking isn't enough...
01:06 ErunamoJAZZ: exactly
01:06 Bubblun: So what you're saying is we need to SMELL OUR MAPS?
01:06 Bubblun: I'll put my nose to my screen right now and be like 'shit'
01:06 ErunamoJAZZ: ahahhahaha
01:06 *ErunamoJAZZ is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1260880 Jun Ishikawa - Toki Meguru Ginga Saikyoo no Senshi [Easy]]
01:07 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:08:423 (3) - why not extend with a repeat?
01:07 Bubblun: Yea that's a good idea
01:07 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:14:070 (3) - blanket?
01:08 Bubblun: Done
01:08 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:23:952 (1,2) - avoid stacks in Easys pls
01:08 ErunamoJAZZ: noobs are cofusing with
01:08 Bubblun: There it's okay because it's over 1/1 and it's a slow part.
01:09 Bubblun: To put a jump there would ruin the mood
01:10 Bubblun: So was that my mod? lol
01:11 ErunamoJAZZ: I wasjust checking something
01:11 Bubblun: lol
01:11 Bubblun: I would've still modded back.
01:11 ErunamoJAZZ: mm.. nope, I am not agree. The point is...
01:12 Bubblun: I think the point is my map smells bad
01:12 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:23:952 (1,2) - this stack is different to 00:26:776 (1,2) - (this feels fine)
01:13 Bubblun: Okay, I get you
01:13 ErunamoJAZZ: and this is bc the approach circle is visible
01:13 ErunamoJAZZ: so, new players usually dont understand what to do
01:13 ErunamoJAZZ: xD
01:13 Bubblun: I get it
01:13 Bubblun: Mistake on my part
01:14 ErunamoJAZZ: I have a question
01:15 Bubblun: I might have an answer
01:15 ErunamoJAZZ: why 1.2x as base SV?
01:15 ErunamoJAZZ: why not jusr 1.0x?
01:15 ErunamoJAZZ: just*
01:15 Bubblun: It was for consistency across all diffs, but it is overboard maybe
01:16 Bubblun: There's 1 bit I'm not sure how to handle
01:16 ErunamoJAZZ: due long sliders, it feels fast
01:16 Bubblun: Yea you're not the first to point it out either
01:16 Bubblun: I'll work it out later
01:16 Bubblun: 00:43:011 (1) - What about this?
01:17 Bubblun: Close to the reverse arrow is a strong note on a 1/4 tick
01:17 Bubblun: 00:43:011 (1) - Right here
01:17 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:35:247 (1) - first this
01:17 ErunamoJAZZ: the flow is a bit strange
01:18 Bubblun: It's not like circles though where the player is snapping.
01:18 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:32:423 (1,2,3) - circular flow, and then the strange slider, idk xD
01:18 ErunamoJAZZ: keep for now, but look how noobs play it
01:19 Bubblun: I had a noob player try it.
01:19 Bubblun: I didn't watch him though
01:19 Bubblun: He told me it was 'average'
01:26 ErunamoJAZZ: okay
01:27 Bubblun: 00:43:011 (1) - What do you think of this?
01:27 ErunamoJAZZ: this is.. a strange solution, but will works
01:27 ErunamoJAZZ: https://puu.sh/vdevb/322aedf17f.png
01:27 Bubblun: Never thought of that. Will try it.
01:28 ErunamoJAZZ: note I started the spinner in 00:45:835 -
01:29 Bubblun: Move it there?
01:29 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:45:835 - to 00:47:247 -
01:30 ErunamoJAZZ: its a bit more long
01:30 Bubblun: Okay.
01:30 ErunamoJAZZ: that before
01:32 *ErunamoJAZZ is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1255332 Jun Ishikawa - Toki Meguru Ginga Saikyoo no Senshi [Normal]]
01:33 Bubblun: I think the same sv issue is in this diff cause I had the same idea lol
01:33 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:13:188 (2,3) - 00:30:835 (3,1) - 00:32:246 (3,1) - etc
01:34 ErunamoJAZZ: for a norma, feels betterif stack circles over slider head
01:34 ErunamoJAZZ: normal*
01:34 Bubblun: Okay.
01:35 ErunamoJAZZ: also, check aimod
01:35 ErunamoJAZZ: https://puu.sh/vdeMU/77e55df140.png
01:35 Bubblun: It's for the slow bits.
01:36 Bubblun: The jumps got too big, so I just didn't use ds on them
01:37 *ErunamoJAZZ is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1260218 Jun Ishikawa - Toki Meguru Ginga Saikyoo no Senshi [Hard]]
01:37 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:50:070 (1) - misleading spacing xD
01:38 ErunamoJAZZ: its better if keep the same spacing as before, ie, 1.0
01:38 Bubblun: I think it's just the coloring that threw it off.
01:38 Bubblun: Cause it's the same distance as 00:48:835 (1,2) -
01:39 ErunamoJAZZ: okay
01:39 ErunamoJAZZ: remove the NC
01:39 Bubblun: Done
01:40 *ErunamoJAZZ is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1256521 Jun Ishikawa - Toki Meguru Ginga Saikyoo no Senshi [Insane]]
01:41 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:41:158 (3,4) - 00:41:600 (8,9) - wtf xD
01:41 Bubblun: Yea it's confusing, but it's supported.
01:42 ErunamoJAZZ: imho, stacks were a bad idea
01:42 ErunamoJAZZ: ^^U
01:42 Bubblun: lol
01:42 ErunamoJAZZ: oh, 00:43:541 (6) - this is off
01:43 Bubblun: I think the stack pokes it up a bit.
01:43 Bubblun: I'll adjust it then
01:44 Bubblun: Went ahead and fixed the others.
01:44 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:43:452 - https://puu.sh/vdf6j/4a55c531d8.png
01:45 Bubblun: WHOOPS fixed
01:46 *ErunamoJAZZ is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1260329 Jun Ishikawa - Toki Meguru Ginga Saikyoo no Senshi [Extra]]
01:46 ErunamoJAZZ: 00:39:129 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - aaaaaaaa jajajaj
01:46 ErunamoJAZZ: oh, this look... awful xD
01:47 Bubblun: Who's gonna look that deep into the structure? lol
01:48 ErunamoJAZZ: just looking, all are sleeping here
01:49 ErunamoJAZZ: and... bc I cant play this, it is all :)
01:49 Bubblun: lol
01:49 ErunamoJAZZ: good luck with the mapset
01:49 Bubblun: Thanks.
01:49 ErunamoJAZZ: get many test plays
01:49 Bubblun: I'll look at yours tonight probably.
01:49 ErunamoJAZZ: not only 2 xDD
01:49 Bubblun: If not, then tomorrow evening
01:49 Bubblun: Technically I got 3 lol
01:49 Bubblun: But yea I will
01:50 ErunamoJAZZ: many = 20 or more
01:50 Bubblun: lol
01:50 Bubblun: I'd like to have that many modders.
01:50 ErunamoJAZZ: modders =/= testplayers
01:51 Bubblun: modders can give better feedback however
01:51 ErunamoJAZZ: testplay will help you to found errors
01:51 ErunamoJAZZ: testplayers*
01:51 Bubblun: True
User avatar
Beat Clicker
72 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
From #Modreqs

I hope this interests you.

I added a Fade out at the end of your MP3 so it doesn't end like nothing happens.

https://puu.sh/vdqfU/1cca07a195.mp3
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
636 posts
Offline
Duck with Hat wrote:
From #Modreqs

I hope this interests you.

I added a Fade out at the end of your MP3 so it doesn't end like nothing happens.

https://puu.sh/vdqfU/1cca07a195.mp3


I think you had the old mp3. The one I have now already has a fade.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,061 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Ultimatum
00:16:894 (1,2,3,4,5) - Was the point here that the player is supposed to wiggle up and down with their cursor? Cause atm you can just rest your cursor ontop of these and still hit them all.
00:17:600 (1,2,3,4) - Same for patterns like these.
00:40:894 - Consider improving aestetics in this part because atm, it looks a bit messy. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7773178 is an example of what you could do.
Holy crap i cant mod this

Extra
00:09:129 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - Doesn't flow well. Perhaps this works better? http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7773235
00:12:658 (1,2,3,4) - Should've just made rhythm consistent cause it doesn't sound any different musically.
00:14:070 (1,2,3) - This rhythm sounds more correct imo. http://puu.sh/vdLAU/c9212527b2.jpg
00:39:129 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - There's no way that anyone could read this without retrying a couple of times cause its clearly set up visually to be a normal stream. I suggest you rework this part visually for readability.

Insane
00:41:776 (9) - Unstack cause of the change of melody?
00:42:835 (9) - ^
00:43:629 (7) - ^
00:44:423 (7) - ^
00:45:482 (9) - ^
00:46:100 (5) - ^
00:46:717 (2,3,4) - Triangle is off

Hard
00:51:835 - Missing beat
00:51:482 (1,1,1) - Current rhythm doesn't follow music. Try this? https://puu.sh/vdMq0/bb9ad76e27.jpg

Not a big fan of frequent kick sliders in hard difficulties. But I guess it's fine.

---

Good luck!
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
636 posts
Offline
DavidEd wrote:
Ultimatum
00:16:894 (1,2,3,4,5) - Was the point here that the player is supposed to wiggle up and down with their cursor? Cause atm you can just rest your cursor ontop of these and still hit them all. I mean, you can. It's much easier to just click between the circles.
00:17:600 (1,2,3,4) - Same for patterns like these.
00:40:894 - Consider improving aestetics in this part because atm, it looks a bit messy. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7773178 is an example of what you could do. While I do agree it's a little sloppy, the reason the circles are stacked on each other is so they play better. It's unintuitive to just throw 340bpm taps out of nowhere at the player so least I could do is make it as playable as possible.
Holy crap i cant mod this lol it's fine

Extra
00:09:129 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - Doesn't flow well. Perhaps this works better? http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7773235 Actually this flows worse. Reason being is because the way I have it now the player has to draw 2 loops. Your suggestion forces the player spin, stop, move down, then start spinning from an identical spot.
00:12:658 (1,2,3,4) - Should've just made rhythm consistent cause it doesn't sound any different musically. The 1/4 in the background kicks in, which is why I mapped it like this.
00:14:070 (1,2,3) - This rhythm sounds more correct imo. http://puu.sh/vdLAU/c9212527b2.jpg Not quite sure where you're taking me. I'll ask you about it later.
00:39:129 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - There's no way that anyone could read this without retrying a couple of times cause its clearly set up visually to be a normal stream. I suggest you rework this part visually for readability. This is supposed to be 1/3 (It got unsnapped for some reason) the best I could do is apply nc on each 1/3 so the player can contrast.

Insane
00:41:776 (9) - Unstack cause of the change of melody? Reason they're stacked like that is because the melody stops. To have the player move to hit them wouldn't best fit the song.
00:42:835 (9) - ^
00:43:629 (7) - ^
00:44:423 (7) - ^
00:45:482 (9) - ^
00:46:100 (5) - ^
00:46:717 (2,3,4) - Triangle is off Fixed

Hard
00:51:835 - Missing beat Fixed
00:51:482 (1,1,1) - Current rhythm doesn't follow music. Try this? https://puu.sh/vdMq0/bb9ad76e27.jpg I adjusted it a bit.

Not a big fan of frequent kick sliders in hard difficulties. But I guess it's fine. I know it's complicated, I can't think of a simpler way to map it while being accurate though.

---

Good luck!
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
1,703 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Hi M4M!


Image General
  • Can I ask why green for combo colors when green doesn't show up in the BG at all? Try pinks and blues and maybe an orange-ish color instead to be more fitting.



Image Easy
Your combos are very short, consider making an NC every four measures. Overall I can't say much about this diff because imo it's flawed in the sense that it's not dense enough to compensate for the complicated rhythm usage later on in the map. Also you mapped this very center-focused and the flow for this map is very... unorthodox for a low-diff where one would expect objects to follow some sort of clear path. This in turn gives the map a sense of lack of structure.

  • 00:07:011 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - You're very cramped up here, I suggest moving your objects around a bit more. That said you use 00:08:423 (3) - to map the same set of sounds as the rest but never use this reverse again. I suggest to change it to be consistent.
  • 00:26:776 (1,2,1) - Why not have the slider start from underneath 2 instead of all the way up there? Would make more sense as a pattern imo.
  • 00:29:600 - From here on you map so little of the song and skip huge portions that you can map with sliders. 00:31:011 (2,3) - These can both be 1/1 sliders. // 00:33:835 (2,3) -
  • 00:34:541 (3) - Try to center this a bit better. http://i.imgur.com/uDtfyeu.png
  • The kiai is less dense than your intro and the rhythm is way too complicated for an Easy player to understand. You should definitely fill in some of the gaps you make so that the rhythm is more constant, 00:42:305 - 00:44:952.

The best way to fix this would be to consider a remap after looking at how other Easy difficulties handle complex rhythm. :c



Image Normal
Isn't CS 4 a massive jump from CS 2.2 easy. I recommend nerfing it to 3 or something. I think your HP should be nerfed as well to something around 3-4 and your AR can DEFINITELY be nerfed to like 5.

Overall your SV is imo way too high. When 00:40:188 (2,3) - is the spacing for 1/1 it looks like a bit of an issue at least to me. Especially on so high a BPM. I recommend lowering your base SV so that the spacing gets lower.

Same issue with flow as I had with Easy, it's very angular and sharp and feels more like flow you'd use in a Hard difficulty or higher. In lower diffs generally I think it makes sense to have flow be as comfortable as possible and use rhythm density to highlight song intensity.

Comboing as well seems too short.

  • 00:07:011 (2) - NC since song actually starts here? Depends on your preference though.
  • 00:08:070 (4,1) - Flows kind of uncomfortable for a normal player. Would suggest doing something like this instead: http://i.imgur.com/WAIFJKq.png // 00:10:894 (3,1) -
  • 00:14:070 (1,2,3) - Stops following the same sound as 00:12:658 (1,2,3) - even though it's still going on in the back. It wouldn't be bad if you had stopped following it at 00:15:482 (1,2,3) - but you do. I recommend making this seem more consistent.
  • 00:25:188 (3,4) - Gap feels very unintuitive to play. Try this http://i.imgur.com/X40pdmr.png which follows the music better and server for a slightly better transition.
  • 00:30:305 (2,3,1) - What is this rhythm that doesn't exist in the song? If it does exist it's not noticeable enough for a Normal player to hear and tap to. What would make more sense to map in this difficulty is the 1/1 drums in the back.
  • 00:37:011 - Should be mapped, it's the kiai and the note density dropping off isn't really befitting of its intensity thus far, and the introduction of the high-pitched noise calls for a higher intensity part anyways.
  • 00:40:894 (1,2) - Also flows very uncomfortably for a Normal player, and is more Hard-difficulty flow. I can't give you a suggestion to fix this easily however.
  • 00:42:305 (2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - Most intense part of the song but not mapped with nearly as much rhythm density as the previous parts. Would recommend mapping more notes here.
  • 00:47:247 - Same in terms of lack of rhythm. It just feels so empty and so much is being skipped that could be mapped it just doesn't make the diff interesting or fun here.

Eheh... maybe work on this difficulty a lot. I don't think it needs to be remapped per se, but definitely reworked.



Image Hard
00:06:658 (1,2) - You use these difficulty elements from a normal without much rhythm density at all. Kicksliders are already hard to read for Hard players. Your usage of kicksliders throughout this difficulty ruins your spread since the Normal is so undermapped - but if you map the Normal with more density you could get away with a 1/4 repeat here. I disagree with the usage of kicksliders in general for this difficulty with regards to the current spread.

Spacing is kind of all over the place visually and the structure is very weak overall. 00:32:776 (2,3,4,5,1) - like this for example could be way better visually like this if anything: http://i.imgur.com/qHYFMAu.png. But yeah.

  • 00:07:011 - Rhythm throughout the first part is very inconsistent since you map the same sounds so many different ways. Should stick to like 1 or 2 ways and use them interchangeably instead of 3 to 4 different ways. You also throw in jumps seemingly randomly since 00:09:305 (3,4) - is a jump but 00:10:894 (4) - isn't.
  • 00:08:423 (1) - No emphasis on downbeat like you start to do later?
  • 00:09:835 (1,3) - :eyes: That pixel overlap.
  • 00:10:894 (4) - Lul bezier slider.
  • 00:17:600 (1) - Definitely too short.
  • 00:29:600 (2) - NC?
  • 00:37:717 (4) - Not a 1/4 reverse but still following the same thing as 00:37:364 (3) - ?
  • 00:41:247 (3) - Ending these on the red feels very awkward cuz it sounds very clickable. I would shorten these by 1 tick (ideally 2) and make the red clickable for each one.
  • 00:52:541 (4) - +1 reverse tbh, just move the circle closer.



Image Insane

Again structure issues but it's late for me so I'll pass on mentioning it in detail. Just introducing this concept 00:40:894 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - so late is completely unfair and imo should be removed and replaced because you never introduce this anywhere else earlier.


I'll mod the rest tomorrow, it's 2:30 AM for me and I need sleep.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
636 posts
Offline
Mir wrote:
Hi M4M!


Image General
  • Can I ask why green for combo colors when green doesn't show up in the BG at all? Try pinks and blues and maybe an orange-ish color instead to be more fitting.
I used green because it contrasts the background.

Image Easy
Your combos are very short, consider making an NC every four measures. Overall I can't say much about this diff because imo it's flawed in the sense that it's not dense enough to compensate for the complicated rhythm usage later on in the map. Also you mapped this very center-focused and the flow for this map is very... unorthodox for a low-diff where one would expect objects to follow some sort of clear path. This in turn gives the map a sense of lack of structure. Yea it's shorter numbers, but that naturally happens for easier difficulties. If I increased it wouldn't land on every strong note of the song.

  • 00:07:011 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - You're very cramped up here, I suggest moving your objects around a bit more. That said you use 00:08:423 (3) - to map the same set of sounds as the rest but never use this reverse again. I suggest to change it to be consistent. It's big cs. Not much I can really do about it. Plus it's not the same set of sounds. They're similar, but they're not the same. Which is why I never copy them in the other diffs.
  • 00:26:776 (1,2,1) - Why not have the slider start from underneath 2 instead of all the way up there? Would make more sense as a pattern imo. Hmm yea, point taken.
  • 00:29:600 - From here on you map so little of the song and skip huge portions that you can map with sliders. 00:31:011 (2,3) - These can both be 1/1 sliders. // 00:33:835 (2,3) - How would that make it anymore interesting? That's 4 2/1 sliders in a row. That's not only tiring for newbies, but boring.
  • 00:34:541 (3) - Try to center this a bit better. http://i.imgur.com/uDtfyeu.png I broke ds a bit, but it looks better now.
  • The kiai is less dense than your intro and the rhythm is way too complicated for an Easy player to understand. You should definitely fill in some of the gaps you make so that the rhythm is more constant, 00:42:305 - 00:44:952. This is as simple as the rhythm gets. It's a naturally complex song, so what else could I simplify?

The best way to fix this would be to consider a remap after looking at how other Easy difficulties handle complex rhythm. :c



Image Normal
Isn't CS 4 a massive jump from CS 2.2 easy. I recommend nerfing it to 3 or something. I think your HP should be nerfed as well to something around 3-4 and your AR can DEFINITELY be nerfed to like 5. Yea the cs jump is high. I nerfed the stats a bit though.

Overall your SV is imo way too high. When 00:40:188 (2,3) - is the spacing for 1/1 it looks like a bit of an issue at least to me. Especially on so high a BPM. I recommend lowering your base SV so that the spacing gets lower. Based on the criteria, 180 is the middleground when it comes to bpm. So no, 170 is not a high bpm. There's very little 1/1 in the diff so of course they stick out.

Same issue with flow as I had with Easy, it's very angular and sharp and feels more like flow you'd use in a Hard difficulty or higher. In lower diffs generally I think it makes sense to have flow be as comfortable as possible and use rhythm density to highlight song intensity.

Comboing as well seems too short.

  • 00:07:011 (2) - NC since song actually starts here? Depends on your preference though. Yea I think it makes sense.
  • 00:08:070 (4,1) - Flows kind of uncomfortable for a normal player. Would suggest doing something like this instead: http://i.imgur.com/WAIFJKq.png // 00:10:894 (3,1) - Fixed
  • 00:14:070 (1,2,3) - Stops following the same sound as 00:12:658 (1,2,3) - even though it's still going on in the back. It wouldn't be bad if you had stopped following it at 00:15:482 (1,2,3) - but you do. I recommend making this seem more consistent. I can't map the noise in the background as it's all 1/4. That's just an emphasized beat.
  • 00:25:188 (3,4) - Gap feels very unintuitive to play. Try this http://i.imgur.com/X40pdmr.png which follows the music better and server for a slightly better transition. I messed with it a bit.
  • 00:30:305 (2,3,1) - What is this rhythm that doesn't exist in the song? If it does exist it's not noticeable enough for a Normal player to hear and tap to. What would make more sense to map in this difficulty is the 1/1 drums in the back.
    Not all of the 1/1 drums are priority though. The rhythm's supported though because you can hear a strong sound at 00:34:541 (2) -

  • 00:37:011 - Should be mapped, it's the kiai and the note density dropping off isn't really befitting of its intensity thus far, and the introduction of the high-pitched noise calls for a higher intensity part anyways. Yea you're right.
  • 00:40:894 (1,2) - Also flows very uncomfortably for a Normal player, and is more Hard-difficulty flow. I can't give you a suggestion to fix this easily however.
    That part's weird because of all the prioritized notes on 1/4 ticks. I might remap this section.

  • 00:42:305 (2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - Most intense part of the song but not mapped with nearly as much rhythm density as the previous parts. Would recommend mapping more notes here. Yea it would make sense.
  • 00:47:247 - Same in terms of lack of rhythm. It just feels so empty and so much is being skipped that could be mapped it just doesn't make the diff interesting or fun here. ^

Eheh... maybe work on this difficulty a lot. I don't think it needs to be remapped per se, but definitely reworked.



Image Hard
00:06:658 (1,2) - You use these difficulty elements from a normal without much rhythm density at all. Kicksliders are already hard to read for Hard players. Your usage of kicksliders throughout this difficulty ruins your spread since the Normal is so undermapped - but if you map the Normal with more density you could get away with a 1/4 repeat here. I disagree with the usage of kicksliders in general for this difficulty with regards to the current spread.

Spacing is kind of all over the place visually and the structure is very weak overall. 00:32:776 (2,3,4,5,1) - like this for example could be way better visually like this if anything: http://i.imgur.com/qHYFMAu.png. But yeah. Fixed.

  • 00:07:011 - Rhythm throughout the first part is very inconsistent since you map the same sounds so many different ways. Should stick to like 1 or 2 ways and use them interchangeably instead of 3 to 4 different ways. But...they're not the same part. I did use 2 ways to map it, but each for their respective part.You also throw in jumps seemingly randomly since 00:09:305 (3,4) - is a jump but 00:10:894 (4) - isn't. They're both near identical in length.
  • 00:08:423 (1) - No emphasis on downbeat like you start to do later? That's because later this part doesn't repeat itself.
  • 00:09:835 (1,3) - :eyes: That pixel overlap. What am I looking at here?
  • 00:10:894 (4) - Lul bezier slider. ^
  • 00:17:600 (1) - Definitely too short.
  • The criteria states it can't be less than 2 beats.
  • 00:29:600 (2) - NC? Done
  • 00:37:717 (4) - Not a 1/4 reverse but still following the same thing as 00:37:364 (3) - ?
  • It's variation. It's done properly though because this part doesn't repeat itself.
  • 00:41:247 (3) - Ending these on the red feels very awkward cuz it sounds very clickable. I would shorten these by 1 tick (ideally 2) and make the red clickable for each one.
  • They end on white ticks. Plus the priority on each note should be enough support to hear them.
  • 00:52:541 (4) - +1 reverse tbh, just move the circle closer. This simplification is okay as it's the end, and not as intense.



Image Insane
  • 00:12:835 - From here your consistency just goes out the window lol. Each time it seems to vaguely follow the main rhythm but you also seem to be trying to map the background layer which is so obscure that it's really hard to hear what this rhythm is truely mapped to. Example: 00:12:835 (1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1) - all 1/2 and 1/4 spam but the song isn't doing that. I recommend reworking this part to be more consistent and to follow a clearer rhythm. This is not the same part though. Yea the original rhythm is going on in the background but it's no longer priority. This rhythm is supported because of the noise at 00:13:364 - sounds like it's winding up.
  • 00:17:952 (1,1,1,1) - Unnecessary NC spam. Makes the player expect something different when there isn't anything different. I recommend removing all NCs from here. The nc spam is just an aesthetic effect to compliment the shakiness of the stream.
  • 00:21:482 (1,2,3) - Could tidy this up a bit more. Like this maybe http://i.imgur.com/AJy2s5E.png Done
  • 00:23:952 (1) - No drill hitsounds? o;
  • I think the hitsound copier goofed there. Fixed
  • 00:35:247 (1,2,3) - Either overlap these more or space it tbh cuz looks kinda unsightly. Done
  • 00:39:747 (3) - Should be 1/3. Just that slider is 1/4. It's not 1/3
  • 00:40:188 (1,2) - No 1/4 in the insane despite doing it for the Hard? It's weird to have such a rhythm density disparity. I recommend kicksliders here. Yea idk what I was thinking there.
  • 00:41:158 (3,4,8,9) - No. Unstack the first or the second because this is like, completely unreadable lol. It's supported by the song. The priority is on the first 2 1/4 notes, and the stream stops at the 1/2 pause.
  • 00:44:864 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1) - are the same intensity as 00:43:805 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - if not higher so why decrease spacing? I really can't tell the difference.

Again structure issues but it's late for me so I'll pass on mentioning it in detail. Just introducing this concept 00:40:894 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - so late is completely unfair and imo should be removed and replaced because you never introduce this anywhere else earlier. There's no where else to really introduce that concept. If it does become a problem I'll be prepared to change it.



I'll mod the rest tomorrow, it's 2:30 AM for me and I need sleep.

Thanks for the mod
Last edited by Bubblun on , edited 6 times in total.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
2,911 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
please don't respond to mods like that. it's really horrible.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
853 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
554 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
formatting gore
also im gay
User avatar
osu!artist
318 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
636 posts
Offline
Shiirn wrote:
please don't respond to mods like that. it's really horrible.

Yea you're right. I should go back and fix it.
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
1,703 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
No kudosu, part two of mod.


Image Extra
  • 00:09:129 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - So I got HighTec to playtest these squares and they played awfully, which I can kind of understand. I think this 1/4 jump is just too big and they play too harshly. Maybe lower the distance or something.
  • 00:17:952 (1,1,1,1) - This is what I meant for the insane. You use NC spam for 1/4 for "visual effect" but then use it for readability's sake when you do this 1/3 00:39:129 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - without any reverse sliders. That leads to misreading and is a misuse of NC spam in the first place. Remove it for visual effect for both this diff and the insane for this reason.
  • 00:45:835 (2) - Strong beat on slider end? // 00:46:452 (2) - 00:43:364 (3) -



Image Ultimatum
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
636 posts
Offline
Mir wrote:
No kudosu, part two of mod.


Image Extra
  • 00:09:129 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - So I got HighTec to playtest these squares and they played awfully, which I can kind of understand. I think this 1/4 jump is just too big and they play too harshly. Maybe lower the distance or something. Messed with it a bit.
  • 00:17:952 (1,1,1,1) - This is what I meant for the insane. You use NC spam for 1/4 for "visual effect" but then use it for readability's sake when you do this 1/3 00:39:129 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - without any reverse sliders. That leads to misreading and is a misuse of NC spam in the first place. Remove it for visual effect for both this diff and the insane for this reason. Fixed
  • 00:45:835 (2) - Strong beat on slider end? // 00:46:452 (2) - 00:43:364 (3) - The note it lands on is of similar strength to the one it starts on, so it should be okay.



Image Ultimatum
This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Reply 54 posts jump | 1, 2, 3, 4  next

Users browsing this forum: None


Jump to: