forum

[Archived] Sensitivity issues (Personal)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ALFAMCLAIN
Well.. I play with a sensitivity of 3.86 but I have shaky hands and it's a bit hard to control, for me, then the other option would be 3.85 which I can handle but since I got used to 3.86 I end up short in most jumps. The problem is that if I put it on 3.86 is to fast and 3.85 is too short... is there any way I can put it somewhere in between? For example: 3.855
WhisKee
jsut half the sensitivity of your mouse/tablet and double the sensitivity ingame for more accuracy.

lets say your mouse is currently set up to 1600dpi with a 3,855 multiplier it would be 6168 which is your desired speed.

if we divide this now by 800 its 7,71 which is a legit value you can put in the config file
Topic Starter
ALFAMCLAIN

WhisKee wrote:

jsut half the sensitivity of your mouse/tablet and double the sensitivity ingame for more accuracy.
lets say your mouse is currently set up to 1600dpi with a 3,855 multiplier it would be 6168 which is your desired speed.
if we divide this now by 800 its 7,71 which is a legit value you can put in the config file

Ok but what if I have raw imput on, do I just do what you just told me?
WhisKee
if im not mistaken rawinput just ignores the windowssettings for your mouse, simply spoken.
so if you have a "gaming" mouse where you can set the dpi value use teh software, but overall jea it works this way
Sandy Hoey
So what would the solution be if he just had a basic mouse without a driver? Would you just have to choose one or the other and learn how to play with it. (I would personally go with the lower sensitivity)
Topic Starter
ALFAMCLAIN

Sandy Hoey wrote:

So what would the solution be if he just had a basic mouse without a driver? Would you just have to choose one or the other and learn how to play with it. (I would personally go with the lower sensitivity)
I would like to know that
WhisKee
if you are using a basic mouse without drivers or so you can still use the windows settings to speedup/down your mouse, you are just arent allowed to use rawinput ingame
Topic Starter
ALFAMCLAIN

WhisKee wrote:

if you are using a basic mouse without drivers or so you can still use the windows settings to speedup/down your mouse, you are just arent allowed to use rawinput ingame

Well I guess I'll have to get used to 3.85 cause I have windows 8 upgraded to windows 10 and I can't unselected raw imput. Thanks for your help!
WhisKee
im using windows 10 too and i am able to turn it off. are you using multiple mice on one pc? if so disconnect them.
because i cant really think of a reason, besides bugs, why you shouldnt be able to turn it off
Topic Starter
ALFAMCLAIN
Well I use a laptop do I disble the touch pad?
WhisKee
if you mean that if you turn raw input off you disable the touchpad then the answer is no. raw input doesnt turn off your touchpad.
if you mean that you should turn your touchpad off in general, then only your own preference counts, if i would play on a laptop i would definitly turn it off to not accidently move the mouse while i am spamming buttons^^
Topic Starter
ALFAMCLAIN
Yeah, but still I can't disable it