forum

[Archived] Error moving song file

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[FL]asH
Problem Details:

Hi, I kept on encountering this issue recently. When I download a song for the first time, either i drag it to osu window or click it directly, it will shows "error moving file" window. It only works when i re-download the song and transfer again. When in the middle of multiplayer game, the window pop out will always pop out after the first failed transfer encountered.

I've tried repair folder permission option under settings, it will hang for like 1 to 2 minutes and something like "reset permission" will show at the bottom right of the screen. But the issue still persist. Sometimes when i click on the repair permission a window will pop out saying it took too long and please report the issue..something like that.

It happens almost 99% of the time..I've downloaded more than 20+ songs already..and I have to download it twice every single time..

I'm using Windows 8 64 bit.
osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)

Edit..
I actually managed to temporary "solve" the issue.. its not 100%..at least now out of 10 songs..it happened about 2 times..
After the song is downloaded..I need to wait for about 3 seconds before clicking.. last time i can just click it straight away. Thanks!
o x
Glad you could solve this on your own, let us know if the problem comes back.
Topic Starter
[FL]asH
Okay :l it happens more frequently even if i waited for 5 secs T-T

Tried the repair osu! program, permission settings, set to run as administrator, recreate the shortcut..

Edited-
Now I have to download the song twice for it to work. With or without clicking the first song doesn't matter, just click the second downloaded song will solve for now.

27/4 Update
Reinstalled..issue still persist. Have to downloaded twice. Btw i have about 40,000 songs so was wondering if it was the cause. Sometimes it would take about 1 minute to load the song even if i tried f5 serveral times to refresh my song list.

Happens when i tried repair folder permission

Happens when i tried transferring the downloaded song for the first time