54.72%
Alright
27.18%
Meh...
18.09%
Total votes: 1133
Topic Starter
tyrael6192
SO hai guys. The following skin may be completely terrible, as i haven't had much experience, and you may as a result not enjoy playing with it. However, i do hope you try it and give me some feedback. =D

DOWNLOAD: http://puu.sh/3RvK
To install, simply double click the .osk file.

Skin name: Accuracy
Latest version: 1.2
Creator: tyrael6192
Size: 1.29mb
Idea:The basic point of the skin was to to attempt to fix some of the things which have been clawing at my back for the past few months that i've been playing osu!. It's not intended as eye-candy or themed around a character, it just aims to focus your attention on the actual gameplay. Sounds aren't altered.

SCREENSHOTS:

SPOILER

- a more readily visible cursor, so you don't lose your position on the screen. This rarely happened to me anyway, but i imagine it could potentially be of angst to people who aren't used to the game.

- a slightly more accurate 'health' bar , with the ki pointers replaced by lines to better define the amount of 'health' you have.

- a purely stylistic touch. The font for the score and the hitcircle numbers has been replaced with a slightly less curvy one. Doesn't really improve gameplay, but i quite like it. xD

- new sliders and hitcircles

- new slider circle, so your focus doesn't start to lapse on the pretty spinning beach ball. Also new slider follow.

- reverse arrow =D

- new spinner...

- hitbursts have been made somewhat more subtle and offset upwards slightly, so that they don't appear right in the middle and block out streams.

- sleek blue menu... xD

- buttons...

- mods...

- Skip button... oh yeah XD

- results screen...

- moar buttons...

All of this combines to give the following play experience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DApWvW0-QGY

If you have any comments or criticisms, please don't hesitate to post them: your input will be extremely valuable. =]

Future changes will go here:
SPOILER
v1.0
- Lift off.
v1.0a
- Fixed oblong-looking hitcircle overlay
v1.0b
- Introduced experimental spinner
- Temporarily removed over9k because of no spinner variation
v1.1
- Menu elements skinned in the same style as the spinner, attempting to retain consistency. This includes:
+ Menu buttons
+ In-game buttons (Pause buttons & skip)
+ Ranking panel
+ Mod icons
+ Stars
- Slider border made blue (lol) to keep the blue menu theme.
v1.2
- hitcircle and hitcircleoverlay changed - texture added
- followpoints, slider points and slider follow points all changed to fit the theme.
- finally figured out how to change the slider style in the skin.ini xD
- made an awesome reverse arrow (lol)
- slightly changed the hue of the slider border
- sectionpass and sectionfail changed also
- lack of transparency in mod icons fixed
- 'spun out' and 'no video' icons changed to be more suitable
Topic Starter
tyrael6192
Update: working .osk file uploaded... I'm such a fucking tard
Randy96
Nicely done, and the tag for youtube works like this

[youtube]ZD9O3sKSZcc[/youtube]
Topic Starter
tyrael6192
Thank you... i spent like half an hour looking for a solution to the mysterious youtube tags. xD
XPJ38
A lot of good ideas. I like your skin, particularly the scorebar and the font.

A little comment: your hitcircleoverlay seems a bit polygonal, not totally round :?
nintendoto
This looks great for tablet accuracy improvement. I like the style too. I'll be using this for a while.
Xiao_old
Functional skin. I like.
Topic Starter
tyrael6192

XPJ38 wrote:

A lot of good ideas. I like your skin, particularly the scorebar and the font.

A little comment: your hitcircleoverlay seems a bit polygonal, not totally round :?
That was an elliptical marquee selected holding shift (perfect circle)... I dunno, it seems pretty circular. It could be the hitcircle itself... I'll go check it out.

nintendoto wrote:

This looks great for tablet accuracy improvement. I like the style too. I'll be using this for a while.
Thank you, enjoy it. =]

Xiaounlimited wrote:

Functional skin. I like.
Thank you... before this, i used your Xi Style skin for ages. I can only have a glimmer of hope that some of its awesomeness rubbed off. =D
XPJ38

tyrael6192 wrote:

That was an elliptical marquee selected holding shift (perfect circle)... I dunno, it seems pretty circular. It could be the hitcircle itself... I'll go check it out.
I figured you have used this tool. But I still see some imperfections in the inside of the hitcircleoverlay, that I pointed here (sorry for the ugly arrows :? ):

I think this is because of some grey pixels creating an optical illusion.
Or maybe this is just my screen rendering poorly that circle :?

EDIT: I think this is more visible here:
Topic Starter
tyrael6192
I see what you mean... lemme go see if i can't fix it.

EDIT:

We all learn from our mistakes, eh... i saved the stuff straight to png and had no psds, so had to do it pixel by pixel with the pencil tool. I think it's fixed... can anyone please confirm? =D

EDIT2: white pencil pixels cutting into darker part of the rim... fixed in the file.
XPJ38

tyrael6192 wrote:

EDIT2: white pencil pixels cutting into darker part of the rim... fixed in the file.
Where is this new file?
Topic Starter
tyrael6192
1 sec... I'll update the d/l link and give a temporary separate link with just the overlay for those who don't want to re-download.

hitcircleoverlay.png

Save as .png and copy/paste into the Accuracy folder, over-writing the previous.

Also, d/l link updated. That is, if you d/l it now, you won't need to apply this fix.
Pereira006
That hitcircleoverlay better now *.*

So good i like this
GJ
i vote aswome uggguuuuuuu I hope next update lol
XPJ38
Indeed this is better now :)

I just noticed your playfield.png, lol
Topic Starter
tyrael6192

Pereira006 wrote:

That hitcircleoverlay better now *.*

So good i like this
GJ
i vote aswome uggguuuuuuu I hope next update lol
Thanks... now i've got to steal some ideas from somewhere xP

XPJ38 wrote:

Indeed this is better now :)
Good. If you see anything else out of place, please point it out =D

XPJ38 wrote:

playfield
;)
Kitsunemimi
Just wanted to mention, another good gameplay-focused skin that made playing easy for me is CheZDa's Minimal Skin. It's old, but it's awesome~ Although, your skin elements look pretty final, so I'm not sure if it'll contribute any ideas or anything.

Really nice skin you got going here though~
Topic Starter
tyrael6192
This is by no means final. Well, by some means, but not all means. Something to do with means.

I haven't played with the Minimal skin yet, so i'll have to give it a go tomorrow. Certainly, if i come across some awesomesauce ('cause i'm a poet and i don't know it) i'll make sure to incorporate some aspect of that. =D

No wait, sauce and across don't rhyme. WTF.
Xiao_old
This is leaps and bounds better than Xi-Style. Any plans to reskin results screen etc?
Topic Starter
tyrael6192
I would like to, but first i need to brood over an idea which pseudo-matches the gameplay theme itself - and the problem is there isn't much of a gameplay theme. xD That being said, i either have a lot of liberty over the menu aesthetics, or i have to be extremely careful. But yes, once i've successfully courted an idea, i plan to implement it.

I also plan to change the spinner, because it's revolting.
Topic Starter
tyrael6192
Update Bump

14/7/2011

Updated main post with screenshot and new v1.0b download link.

- New spinner introduced to replace the original eye-sore.
- 'over9000' addition removed temporarily until i can get a spinner design set in stone.

Please guys, feedback on the spinner. The video is outdated, so you'll have to go by screenshot or play with it. Sorry :(

Also thought i'd add, the poll percentages are 63%, 27% and 9%. That adds up to 99%. FISHY ROUNDING, POLL.
show more