forum

[Archived] High Input Latency

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LoneZebra
Problem Details:
I recently upgraded my computer to all new z270 motherboard and a i5-7600k using my 1060 from my old build so i know i can run the game just fine, for some reason now with my Logitech G502 proteus core i get extremely high input latency when i move, like it shoots from around 4.4ms to over 36ms on fast pace maps. I turned off all skins thinking they could be the problem, but they were not. For reference CPU maxes at about 45% usage while playing and GPU at 56%.

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
o x
Make sure not other programs are running, also you might want to try running an anti virus scan to be sure nothing is wrong. Are you playing in fullscreen? If you aren't please turn it on. If none of that works try turning on compatibility mode and give that a try
Topic Starter
LoneZebra

wwwww_ wrote:

Make sure not other programs are running, also you might want to try running an anti virus scan to be sure nothing is wrong. Are you playing in fullscreen? If you aren't please turn it on. If none of that works try turning on compatibility mode and give that a try
Yes i play in fullscreen, i did a fresh install of osu on a separate hard drive and some problem still exists, im really not sure what is causing this. My only bet would be issues with windows 10 randomly saying its a non legit copy, or the fact that i upgraded my main hardware.
JSE
Toggled F7 until it said unlimited? I have a 1060 and i5-4590 and don't have an issue, so it's not a hardware issue unless sometimes wrong with a piece of hardware you have. It's likely some sort of software configuration on your PC.
shiyuri
<deleted>
Topic Starter
LoneZebra

jsebean wrote:

Toggled F7 until it said unlimited? I have a 1060 and i5-4590 and don't have an issue, so it's not a hardware issue unless sometimes wrong with a piece of hardware you have. It's likely some sort of software configuration on your PC.
Yes im sure its at unlimited frames, its still being supper jumpy, and none of my hardware has a problem, no other games have input lag that is noticeable, and all my hardware is stable and shows up in device manager.
Topic Starter
LoneZebra

Shiyuri wrote:

I have a Z270 Motherboard and a G502 aswell, just a different CPU. On my rig I don't have any issues.
Activate Windows asap to see if the issue gets fixed.
I have tried to active it through linking my microsoft account and it says its not a legit copy witch is very odd since i have they serial key for the original windows 8 copy this computer came with.
Topic Starter
LoneZebra

Shiyuri wrote:

I have a Z270 Motherboard and a G502 aswell, just a different CPU. On my rig I don't have any issues.
Activate Windows asap to see if the issue gets fixed.
Well, oddly enough after playing around with the profiles on my G502, it works fine on profile 3 at 3200DPI yet profile 1 at 3200DPI it causes massive input lag...