forum

The Meta Rule Game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Softwarm
[Current Ruleset]

1. Members can modify any rule of the game through voting.
2. Members can add rules through voting.
3. At minimum, a three votes majority of Yay/Nay is needed to pass or discard a change/addition to a rule.
4. Given that three or more votes have been cast for both Yay/Nay, a 3/5 minimum majority for/against a change/addition must be obtained to pass the vote.
5. Rules can consist of anything.
6. Members can only vote once on any given change/addition, but they can alter their vote.
7. Not following the rules Once: incurs a warning, but Twice: earns you a disqualification from participating.
8. Collect 100 points to win the game.
Legacy Rules
No rules have been discarded.
Original Rules
1. Members can modify any rule of the game through voting.
2. Members can add rules through voting.
3. At minimum, a three votes majority of Yay/Nay must be pass or discard a change/addition to a rule.
4. Given that three or more votes have been cast for both Yay/Nay, a 3/5 minimum majority for/against a change/addition must be obtained to pass the vote.
5. Rules can consist of anything.
6. Members can only vote once on any given change/addition, but they can alter their vote.
7. Not following the rules Once: incurs a warning, but Twice: earns you a disqualification from participating.
8. Collect 100 points to win the game.

Notes:
- Try to be clear about what your rule is going to be/what changes you want to make.
- Bolding your suggestions/votes/addenda would make them easier to spot. Thanks.
- The latest rules of the game will be posted in OP.
- I intend to do multiple rounds of this game if it ends up getting popular or dies instantly because everyone voted for a rule like "All member get 100 points." or something similar.
- Once a round is over, all people who were disqualified for breaking a rule or who got a warning have their collective slates wiped clean.
- This is not my original idea: credit where credit is due goes to dxu.

Have fun!
Blitzfrog
Ok I add a rule

Everyone has to say Deez nuts on your chin
Topic Starter
Softwarm
Are you saying that I have to come up to me and say "Deez nuts" to my chin? I'd vote against this.

Or are you saying that all the members should write "Deez nuts" on their chin? I'd vote for this.
Blitzfrog
All members have to post "Deez nuts on your chin"
Topic Starter
Softwarm
Alright I'll vote for it.

(We still need one more person.)
vinnicci
I vote no, lol
Blitzfrog

vinnicci wrote:

I vote no, lol
***k you
DJ Enetro
I second vinicci's idea. Get Necro'd
abraker
vote to add rule "feel free to talk about anything here"
DJ Enetro

abraker wrote:

if you can get a few mods to monitor this then I will vote yay. Otherwise nay
Ryoid

DJ Enetro wrote:

abraker wrote:

if you can get a few mods to monitor this then I will vote yay. Otherwise nay
Same
Topic Starter
Softwarm
I vote nay, that would devolve into stupidity real fast. Got anything else?
DJ Enetro
I vote to add rule +1 point for successfully adding or discarding a rule
(This one doesn’t count for a point btw)

well fuccme
Achromalia
I vote to add rule "ignore sentimentality/morality/ethics, debate any conceivable topic".
DJ Enetro
Please explain
(Also, are you gonna say yay or nay for my rule?)
abraker

DJ Enetro wrote:

hmmm how about +2 pts for the proposer and +1 pts for anyone who voted. If it gets removed, proposer and voters for that specific rule all get -3 pts.
Achromalia

DJ Enetro wrote:

Please explain
(Also, are you gonna say yay or nay for my rule?)
O shit I didn't notice I got ninja'd until 4 or 5 hours later

hmmm. I'd say yay.

also explanation isn't really needed, I'm pretty sure its simple enough but ill describe it as this -- anything, even something controversial can be debated and people can have their own conclusions regardless of how ethical or unethical said conclusions seem.

abraker wrote:

DJ Enetro wrote:

hmmm how about +2 pts for the proposer and +1 pts for anyone who voted. If it gets removed, proposer and voters for that specific rule all get -3 pts.
I'd vote for that addition, sounds interesting.
vinnicci
ok, equinox's proposal gets a yay from me.

for DJ's +1 point rule, until abraker's suggestion gets approved it's no for now.
DJ Enetro
yay for both abraker’s and Xuequinox’s proposals
Topic Starter
Softwarm
Oh, now you guys are taking this seriously, hm?

I actually prefer abraker's system to Enetro's, but I wouldn't mind giving a yay to Enetro's on its own. As for Xuequinox's addition... I'm rather indifferent, I'll throw my vote in if there's a tie.
show more