forum

[resolved] My Avatar Won't Appear in osu!client

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Egorithm
Problem Details:
It's been many month since I change my avatar.
My new avatar didn't want to update on osu!client.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
-

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
Pawsu
It should take a little bit to update, but normally a restart should fix it. Is it still not updating?
SamuraiFire
I have the same problem.I tried to restart the game and sign out and then sign in but it doesn't change.How can I fix it?Also can you tell me if this picture is inappropriate?Because I am not sure and I am new with the game for about a month. http://beta.assistiranimes.net/img/8f121ce07d74717e0b1f21d122e04521.jpg
SamuraiFire
I solved the problem by going in the game options and then go to maintenance and click the Run osu! updater.It will close the game and then it will restart with your new avatar. 8-) I think I helped you shiranui48
Sandy Hoey
When did you change it? It can take a while to update on the client, but if it changed on the website you shouldn't have to worry
Topic Starter
Egorithm

Pawsu wrote:

It should take a little bit to update, but normally a restart should fix it. Is it still not updating?
Nope :(

SamuraiFire wrote:

I solved the problem by going in the game options and then go to maintenance and click the Run osu! updater.It will close the game and then it will restart with your new avatar. 8-) I think I helped you shiranui48
I've updated 3 times but it doesn't work :o

Sandy Hoey wrote:

When did you change it? It can take a while to update on the client, but if it changed on the website you shouldn't have to worry
When I did change it? It's been a loooong daay :) | My avatar changed on osu!website but not on the client.
------------------------------------------------
Should I reinstall the osu!client again? :'3
SamuraiFire
Sorry for not answering guys.Strange that it didn't helped but it worked for me.You shouldn't reinstall the game because you will lose the songs but not your achievements and ranks.I had reisntalled the game because i had a problem with saving the songs(because i didn't open them with the game client) and i know that you keep your progress but not the songs.If it doesn't fix with nothing else either with the way i told you or from the options of the game reinstall the client.But i don't guarantee you that it will fix even then.I just hope that you will fix the problem and keep playing the game because it's worth it.
Ralyn_old
I found a way how to fix your problem.

Navigate to your osu! directory and look for Data folder (It's a hidden folder, so you should set the visibility of hidden folders in system settings first). Afterwards, there is a folder called simply "a" full of files without any extension. Find the number by your profile ID (in your case it is 7856087) and restart osu. The avatar should be finally changed. Try it and let me know if you succeeded.
Topic Starter
Egorithm

SamuraiFire wrote:

Sorry for not answering guys.Strange that it didn't helped but it worked for me.You shouldn't reinstall the game because you will lose the songs but not your achievements and ranks.I had reisntalled the game because i had a problem with saving the songs(because i didn't open them with the game client) and i know that you keep your progress but not the songs.If it doesn't fix with nothing else either with the way i told you or from the options of the game reinstall the client.But i don't guarantee you that it will fix even then.I just hope that you will fix the problem and keep playing the game because it's worth it.
No problem, dude! :) Thanks anyway. Dont worry to tell ur opininon/advice, it might be very usefull for the others.

Ralyn wrote:

I found a way how to fix your problem.

Navigate to your osu! directory and look for Data folder (It's a hidden folder, so you should set the visibility of hidden folders in system settings first). Afterwards, there is a folder called simply "a" full of files without any extension. Find the number by your profile ID (in your case it is 7856087) and restart osu. The avatar should be finally changed. Try it and let me know if you succeeded.
I've found my osu!ID, then what should I do before I restart the client?
Ralyn_old

shiranui48 wrote:

I forgot to write you have to delete it. Forgive my stupidity. Then it should be fine.
Topic Starter
Egorithm

Ralyn wrote:

shiranui48 wrote:

I forgot to write you have to delete it. Forgive my stupidity. Then it should be fine.
Haha :'D thank you so much, buddy! It works :)
SamuraiFire
Thanks shiranui48 for the help. :) Eventually my way didn't work (i can't understand how it worked from the beginning) but yours it worked instantly without even restarting the game!You are the best!But i have one question.Will i have to do this every time i want to change my profile picture or not?I don't mind to do it again because it is very simple with the way you tell! 8-) I am simply just wondering.
tu2130
I have the same issue here
Death

tu2130 wrote:

I have the same issue here
This thread is 2 years old. Please make a new one next time you are having issues.

If you just recently changed your avatar on the site, it may take a bit to change in-game. Give it a while. If no avatars are appearing at all, that's most likely an internet issue (maybe on an ISP level) that usually resolves itself over time as well, but it won't hurt to try clearing your DNS cache and maybe renewing your IP.